1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero PhotoShow Deluxe vs PhotoShow Elite

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by roger3125, Jun 1, 2006.

1. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Is there a difference? Can one do something the other cannot?

Little information online showing the difference

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You are doing better than I am because I can't even find an Elite version.

All I might suggest is to download the try it for a while.

Do you own a version now?

3. donewell

donewell Regular member

I have them both. elite is older and only makes cd's
    deluxe makes dvd's and also gives you a web site of your own if you want to up load them for your friends to watch.

4. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I just got a response from Nero. They said they differende is Elite CANNOY furn CD's. Lets the few of us that have PhotoShow share our knowldge. I think we'll learn more than to read the little help Nero offers.

I asked if they pics can be arranged? Thye said yes but offerred no directions.

I asked if I can add my own music? The anser was yes but in mp3 form

5. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks Donewell for your feedback. Have you burned any of your own Shows yet? Curious to what method you used as the manual speaks of three.

Also were you able to include music, other than what Nero offers, onto your Show?

Hope to hear from you and others that are using PhotoShow.

Thanks
    Roger3125

6. donewell

donewell Regular member

Yes i have made afew of them so far. It was a little bit confusing at first. But like everything else experament with one and i finnally studied the manual as i made one.
    You can add your own music to the ones you put on dvd's. But you have to use the music they supply for the ones you want to put on the free web site they give you. Because of copyrite laws.

7. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Fantatic news. Thanks!

Mind telling me the step by step proceedure you used to add your own music and making of your CD or DVD?

Also where would we find the music to be added? Are there other sources other than the online paid services? Hate to have to pay $10/month only to dowload a few songs.

Thanks freind

Roger

8. donewell

donewell Regular member

If you have any music on cd's you like you can use them, Just copy them to a folder on your hard drive.
    I use limewire to download all my songs for free. Just save them to folder and scan with anti virus before opening and playing them. I have heard of some people geting some bad stuff, but i have been using it for 3 years and not got anything bad yet. But it pays to be careful. I haven't made a show for a couple of months, i will try to get some time over the next day or two and get back to you with some hints.

9. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks...I will look up Limewire> I'm assuming it is at www.linewire.com I look forward to hearing back from you.

10. donewell

donewell Regular member

Sorry , i have been awful busy. The main thing before you start to make a sideshow is to make a new folder in my pictures with all the pictures you want in it. Put them in the order you want. You my have to rename and renumber them to keep them in order. This keeps you from messing up your originals if something goes wrong. Then open the program and find your folder and enter all the pics . Then I find the easiest way is to go to the bottom and select custom one click. next page enter all the data you want, like tittle, names and so on.
    Let it make a show, then when you are in play back click on edit and change want you want. It will have added a song of it's own but here you can change it to a mp3 you have on your putter. Good luck!! start small and expirament. Also don't have anything else running while your doing it. Let me know how you make out, remember practice makes perfect LOL.

11. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks. Your advice to start a separate pic folder paid off. Helped alot. Agan thanks.

I seem however to have problems changing what music is playing. I change the music selection, hit show and the song remains the same. Is there an "apply" button I'm overlooking?

Now I understand the only music I can use on an online PhotoShow is the music provided due to copywrites but how do I make a CD or DVD with my own music. Speaking of which, being not familar with MP3 format is there any place I can get some songs without joining and having a year or more commitment?

12. donewell

donewell Regular member

For music just use the free version of limewire. Only download the mps 3 off either a cable, dsl, or the t3 sites . not the others they take to long to download and then you have to covert to mp3. And the mp3's take less room. You get about 16 songs on a cd with the wave and 175 with mp3 on same cd. But you need a mp3 player toplay them. If you store them on your hard drive as mp3 when you make a cd with them you can have them change to wave as they are burned.
    As for changing the song, in the edit screen select add music, then for entire show or from this pic on. then there is place to select one of their's or add your own. If you have a very long show when the song ends you can click edit and add another song to play from that pic on.

13. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks I'll try the music change again. As for the limewire site I did check it out and my Norton's went bonkers warning of spyware and viruses so I backed off. Your opinion?

Or better can you give me play by play steps to cover a song without getting my PC into trouble?

I can't tell you how much I aprreciate your help

14. donewell

donewell Regular member

I have norton also,and it doesn't do what you are talking about, i just download then scan again withnorton before opening and playing. My other putter has avg free and i do the same with it.
    If you have some cd's with music you wish to use just rip them to hard drive with windows media player set to rip to mp3. then use them.
    In the edit screen click where it says music, then for entire show, Then chose. and when the list comes up at the bottom it says my mp3's.

15. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

WOW...just hooked up with the limewire basic and downloaded three songs. They are now in my "Library" but I can't seem to locate them on my PC.

What did I overlook or not do. And where during the process can I scan the file?

Next you're going to have to show me how to add it to a PhotoShow. Hey this is exciting

16. donewell

donewell Regular member

ok, now go to windows explorer, local disk c: Then documents & setings, then your name. In there you will find 2 files, one says incomplete and the other says shared.
    The one that says shared has your downloads in it. you can move them to my music under any name you want. Like if they are elvis make a folder named elvis.
    After your done down loading each time go to the incomplete file and delete them , they are the songs that would not come through. And could be bad. Lime wire will ussally come on and tell you a song is corupt and ask if you want to continue, which of coarse you cancil the download!!
    You must shut off limewire before you can do anything with the songs, i just talked about. Other wise you will get a message that it is being used by another program.

17. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Amazingly as it may sound (to me) I'm keeping up with you.

I have the downloaded songs in My Music and each song I beleive is in the MP3 format. I cn play them on my PC so I know they are there and complete.

Now if I understood you corretly I cannot use these copyrighted songs on an Online PhotoShow but I can use them to make my own PhotoShow CD or DVD.

How now do I add them to a PhotoShow I am making?

Look forward to the next step. A big thnk you coming your way!

18. donewell

donewell Regular member

In the edit screen click where it says music, then for entire show, Then choose. and when the list comes up at the bottom it says my mp3's

19. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Donewell...you should call me "Donewell" as well as i was successful in downloading from Limewie and adding it to a PhotoShow...all I owe my success to you. Thank you for your time.

Now a stupid question. To move my newly aquired songs onto my harddrive I have to go to my C drive and Documents and Settings. I can't find "Documents and settings" so I resort to doing a SEARCH for "Documents and Settings" and go from there.

There is a way to go directly to "Documents and Settings" and hopefully you can tell me this as well.

Thanki you freind
    Roger3125

20. donewell

donewell Regular member

the instructions for documents and settings is for xp. If you can't find them you must be running windows 98. I didn't think of that. If your on win 98 just open windows explorer and go to my documents and if there is already a folder for my music put them in there, if it is not there just make new folder called my music. In that folder you can make sub folders for each artist you have or each style of music you have, it's your choice.