1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero PhotoShow Deluxe vs PhotoShow Elite

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by roger3125, Jun 1, 2006.

1. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Sorry, I should have mentioned it. I am running XP

2. donewell

donewell Regular member

If your runnig xp just open windows explore/my documents/my music. then go to where your songs are and drag them to my music or copy and paste then delete from the other file.

3. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Donewell, you've done well again. Firt sorry I hadn't gotten back to you soone but been busy downloading songs from Lmwr, great site and thanks.

I tried to make my first PhotoShow with My Music and I made the show but couldn't save it to a CD nor DVD. So I guess its back to the drawingboard again.

Thanks for leading me this far.

Roger

4. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Donewell...made a great PhotoShow with your expert directions henceforth. Thanks again. Reluctantly I tried to burn a CD and to my amazement I was successful.

Unfortunatly when I put it into my PC's CD player I received a message saying my browser (yahoo) has restricted it from showing active co0ntent that could access my PC.

I'd feel alot better following your directions to burning a CD than what I read on page 42 of Nero PhotShow Deluxe 4 Quickstart Guide.

Hoping to hedar from you soon my freind

roger3125

5. donewell

donewell Regular member

Glad to hear you are doing so well with the program. Now if you want to put the show on for your friends to see you can just change the music to one of thier songs a save it again. then sign up for your free web site and upload the one with thier music. Then send your friend and family a link to it/

6. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thankis again Donewell but actually in this instance I'd prefer to copy the PhotoShow to either a CD or DVD. I want it to be special and to be kept with their memories as the child grows up. I hope to make a PhotoShow for each grandchild on their birthdays.

So again if you can list the instructions to copying to either a CD or DVD I'd greatly appreciate it. The instructions in the manual offer several formats of which I know nothing about. The one section "CD-ROM Choose this option to burn a CD-Rom of your PhotoShow"

Hope you can help me out. Thanks

7. donewell

donewell Regular member

I will try to get back to you as soon as i can. We are doing a lot of work in the house right now.
    I only make dvd's
    they are much better. when i had elite all you could make was cd's
    but the dvd's play much better on your tv.
    And i do make all my dvds of my grand kids, my dog, my fishing trips, and my hunting trips.

8. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

DVD's then it shall be! I look forward to hearing from you. One granddaughters kindergarden graduation is this Friday. Think yuou could get to me before then? Hope so

9. donewell

donewell Regular member

I will try to be here for you!!!
    Hope you and your's have a good Graduation party!!!!!

10. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

You are a freind...thanks

11. LindaAC

LindaAC Member

I just found this thread and am hoping that someone can help me out with my problem.
    When I originally purchased Photoshow Deluxe I had problems with the actual burning of the CD/DVD. The error message I received at that time was something to do with Macromedia and that the program had to close. Once I removed the few quicktime videos that I wanted to include in that Photoshow I was able to burn it with a "custom" design including my own MP3.
    Tonight I attempted to burn another photoshow and had the same exact problem. Again, I removed the quicktime videos but it still would not burn this time around - and it came up with the same error message about Macromedia.
    It is a great program when it works properly - my first photoshow came out wonderful when I finally got it to work.
    I wrote Nero the first time this problem occurred but it took them weeks to respond to me and by that time I had burned the photoshow so I did not respond.
    Does anyone know what I am either doing wrong or what is happening?
    (I did get the program to work eventually the first time around).
    Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
    Linda

12. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Linda, if you read the previous posts from myself you will see I have been experiencing similar problems. I have a message off to Nero now and hope to her from them with some kind of help soon.

Wha has me puzzled is in the Nero PhotoShow Deluxe Quickstart Guide they offer several ways to show your PhotoShow...Upload,Export,Video,HTML, Executable and CD-ROM but they offer no explanation of the difference nor the purpose of each. Also if you follow he written instructions for CD-ROM you can burn the CD (at least in mjy situation) but it will not play on the computer nor a CD>DVD player.

If I try to play it on the compouter the first Picture appears but I get a pop up similar to what you got. I can show it as a slide show but not as a PhotoShow.

I have Donewell helping me as he was successful so continue to read this forum and hopefully we can both figure this thing out.

Oh and by the way where did you get your music from, MP3's I assume

13. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

In doing further research I found these minimal requitements for our beloved PhotoShow

Windows 98 SE, Me, 2000, XP
    Pentium Class 700MHz Processor or better
    256 MB of RAM (512 MB recommended)
    Minimum 500 MB hard drive space
    CD/DVD-R/RW drive to burn Photos or PhotoShows
    800x600 video display, High Color 16-bit
    33.6Kbps modem or faster and Internet Service Provider (Account required for sharing online)
    Web browser that supports Flash Player
    Macromedia Flash Player V.6

Notice the last two lines
    . Perhaps we are lacking the Macromedia Flash Plyer vrsion 6.

Check to see if you have it on your HD and I'll do the same. If not lets try to download it.

Lets compare notes. You know I have a funny feeling we are just missing one smll item and once we find it it will again be one our favorite applications.

14. LindaAC

LindaAC Member

Roger, From my experience don't expect an answer from Nero anytime soon - it was weeks till I got a response and that response was of no help as it asked me for info about my computer. The one and only time I was able to make a Nero Photoshow (vs. a slideshow) was when I tried burning it to a DVD+R - I could not burn the photoshow to a CD - it just would not work. I would up making additional copies of my Photoshow using the disk copier feature in another program I have rather than attempting to use Photoshow.
    I mistakenly assumed that the program would work since I had made one Photoshow but that was not to be. When I attempted to use the program again this past Friday, my computer was at 100% CPU usage. I got as far as putting the Photoshow together (which pictures to use, my own MP3, what I wanted it to say at the beginning and how I wanted the photos to display)- it would not burn and came up with the Macromedia error message. I tried to make it several times but each time Windows would shut-down with that blue screen and error message about Windows being shut-down - it took me a while till I was able to get my computer up and running Saturday morning and I truely believe it was Photoshow causing these problems. I wonder how many people have bought this program and have similar issues as we both do.
    The MP3 I was using was from one of my CDs that I had ripped. I have just about all of my CDs ripped in MP3 format on my computer.
    By the way, the one Photoshow I was able to make was adorable - everyone I made copies for loved it - it is really a great program when it works - it was able to play on both my computer and DVD player.
    Linda

15. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks Linda. That was indeed helpful. I will try to burn my PhotoShow to a DVD+R and see if it works for me. And you're right - no reply from Nero.

How do you save your pics from your digital camera? Are you using XP, that is SART --> My Computer etc or are you using s particular software? Curious as I'm having trouble locating an application I was using.

Waiting to hear from Donewell as well s he might e able to help us.

16. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Donewell WHERE ARRRE YOUUU.

Both Linda and myself could really need your help. I beleive you are the remaining living human that was actually able to save your PhotoShow to a CD..or was it DVD.

Please let us hear from you

17. donewell

donewell Regular member

Hi Roger, I have been doing alot of work on the house. I haven't had time to even turn puter on. I have just read your post. I have never had the problems you and linda are talking about. The only thing i can tell you is to make sure you have nothing running in the back ground. No anti virus, no firewall, no popup stoper, And for sure disable a screen saver if you have it on. Also i even shut off the internet till i'm done. I have had only one problem, I was making sideshow dvd's of all our hunting trips, They all came out great except one. It would play on the puter with my music but when i played it on my stand alone dvd player there was no sound. I had to resave it to hard drive as a mpeg2 then reburn with nero vision and everything worked great after that.

18. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks Done...I know you're busy. God only knows, I'm right in the middle of tearing my house apart getting ready for painters this Friday so I know from where you are coming.

if time permits perhaps you can give us a step by step process of burning a saved PhotoShow. I have a feeling both Linda and I ar leaving out one litttle thing. I will however take your advice about turning off everything.

Thanks. I'll wait for your next 10 min break

19. donewell

donewell Regular member

I am painting kitchen and hall, and cupboards, And putting down new tile floor in kitchen and hall. To busy right now . I have a small program for shutting all running programs except the ones you need.It's called endit all you can get it here
    http://www.docsdownloads.com/enditall-1.htm

Read up on it first at pcmag but download from the other site.
    Also you have to shut off your firewall and anti virus manualy after shutting off internet before you use enditall. then open photoshow . Make sure you are upto date with macromedia flash and macromedia shockwave players and diarect x

20. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

And I thought I was busy.