1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Photosnap viewer

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jkkk, Jun 28, 2006.

1. jkkk

jkkk Member

Hi. I am in need of desperate help. I cannot open any files that I saved onto my harddrive with nero photosnap viewer. What do I do?

2. Luthion

Luthion Member

I'm having the same problem. I used to be able to view the pictures on my hard drive through Nero Photosnap Viewer (in fact my PC defaulted to it) but since I had to reinstall my printer/scanner now I can't. It only allows me to save/view .dds, .koa, .pcd, .psd, .xbm and .xpm files. I have contacted Nero about this but they have not replied. Did you get a reply to your query?

3. warren628

warren628 Member

This happened twice to me and the last time is tonite. I have to uninstall it and then reinstall the Nero Express 6. Hope you still have a copy of NVE-3.1.0.16.exe in your harddisk. You can run this problem to uninstall and re-install the Nero and it should work again.

Don't know why it happens still but seems like this happened both times after I have extensively used Window Movie Maker but not sure if this is the root cause. I think there may be a better or easier way to fix this but it's worth to give it a try with my suggestion if you have no other option.

Regards

4. MVMV

MVMV Member

I have the same problem here, suddenly I could not open any files from my hard disk anymore.

However, I got it to work in the following way:
    - Go to Start -> Programs -> Nero -> Nero Digital and started Nero Photosnap SE and opened a file in there.
    - Then: Start -> Programs -> Nero -> Nero Digital and started Nero Photosnap viewer and successfully opened a file in there.

After that, every time I click on a jpg file, it automatically opens with Nero Photosnap Viewer again. I did not re-install anything, although I did threaten to do so, so perhaps that worked ;-).

5. izvarin

izvarin Member

Ok everybody.
    I've got the solution.
    (uninstall and reinstall did not work for me btw.)
    Open this photosnap viewer,
    under the file tab, choose configure plug-ins.
    Unregister all,
    then push register plugin button
    from
    C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero PhotoSnap

register
    XImgPlg.dll
    FImgPlg.dll

well... actually i tried registering all of the dll files anyway..
    although probably the two mentioned above are sufficient,
    you do the same :p, and you'll find your simple and wonderful photosnap working like a charm, just like it did back the old days.. :)

Seza

6. kate1027

kate1027 Member

Thank you! That worked great!!

7. MVMV

MVMV Member

After I got Nero Photosnap viewer to work again and open files from my hard drive, it now refuses to rotate the picture and when I try editing a picture I notice not having the possibilities I used to have.

I tried the last suggestion of the plugins, but that doesn't seem to resolve this particular problem.

Any ideas?
    I'm guessing it is related to the harddrive issue somehow, but I'm not certain about that.

8. PunkieZ

PunkieZ Guest

If you're having problems viewing~editing images using Nero Photo Snap,try this quick fix!I used Nero Photo Snap viewing~editing successfully for 2 weeks and all of a sudden I couldn't even open my images at all much less edit them! After messin' with it for a week and trying EVERYTHING under the sun to view~edit my pics again, I tried this and it fixed it in 30 seconds.I chose this fix before I resorted to deleting and reloading...(You can find this fix in Nero 7 FAQ Search:"Not all filters/functions are available). Launch Nero Photo Snap,in Nero Photo Snap use the "hammer" toolbar symbol and open the "options" dialog.Then,click on "Plug~Ins".Now,click "Unregister All" and click "Yes".Then close both dialog windows.Now,use the hammer again and click "Search Plug~Ins".Click on "Start" and Nero Photo Snap should find 4 Plug~In dlls(you'll see them list really quick one after another).If it does find 4,click on "Register",close and re~open Photo Snap and your problem should be solved.If Nero Photo Snap doesn't find 4 Plug~In dlls then Plug~In path is incorrect (should point to your Nero Photo Snap Directory),or,some Plug~In dlls are missing.

9. jspdvd

jspdvd Member

I'm new to this forum but I have nero 6 actually version 6.6 ultra edition and have done all the updates. I can not find nero photosnap any where. I have everything else nero is supposed to have any help. I tried reloading several times. Is there a custom install like in nero 7 ?

10. jspdvd

jspdvd Member

One thing I forgot the Nero box says my version has photosnap viewer and the the editor I guess thats 2 programs??

11. doak

doak Member

hi everyone,
    ı have the same problem and after your suggestions ı fix it. thank you. but immideately after ı note that,as you say, there is a problem rotation. so my solution is after unregister all manually one by one register all .dll files although someones will not be registered after you attempt to register all .dll you will see that you can rotate your images too. thanks again for solution.