1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero problem???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maes67, Apr 11, 2003.

1. maes67

maes67 Guest

I made a backup of a movie with dvd2one and burn it with nero with copy too dvd,so now a whant to copy it again with nero copydvd and it reads the copy but when it won`t too write it, says not enough space one the diks than i put another empty dvd in the writer and again the same not enough space on the disk???
    who can say what kind of problem is this???
    is it dvd2one with 4470 mb????

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

try setting it to 4200

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

GET NEW VERSION NERO!

due to it having bugs in earlier version dude!

4. herbsman

If you have Nero 5.5.9.9 [or above] I believe you should be okay using that burning prog.

I've found no bugs in the version mentioned above,and I have used Nero a LOT !

LOL

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

hjerbsman can you send that proggy?

DVD20ne to paul119905740@icqmail.com please

Thank you very much....

6. herbsman

7. jellyjams

jellyjams Member

I'm having the same problem. I copied a DVD using DVDXCopy (last update before 1.5) onto a Maxell DVD-RW (stripped and put on 1 DVD). It plays in both computer and component DVD players. Now I want to copy it from the DVD-RW to a Verbatim DVD+R using a Sony DRU-1621 DVD-ROM to a Sony 500AX using Nero 5.5.10.20. All hardware drivers and firmware is up-to-date. Once I start Nero's copy-DVD, it says I don't have enough room on the blank DVD+R. The DVD-RW contains 3.06 GB of movie. I have tried another blank with the same results. When I check in Nero for the loaded media info, it says I have just a few MB's of room on the media (but I know it is blank and should have 4.7(4.3)GB's. I know I can burn straight to the DVD+R, but this is the first time I stripped out info and didn't want to make an expensive coaster. I'm totally confussed and running WinXP. I have had no other problems with Nero and feel safe with it, but should I change to something else? Any suggestions? THX

[bold]UPDATE:[/bold] Since my last post, I have created 3 perfect DVDs. The only thing I did differently is that I used a DVD-RW for the burn from DVD XCopy (worked) and then copied (using Nero) to DVD-R. The formats are the same (-RW and -R) ONLY difference. One of the good copies is the same one with which I had problems. I'm going to see if I can recreate the problem by crossing formats (-RW to +R or +RW to -R). Now I just wish someone has a program that will do a full erase faster that Nero!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2003
  8. herbsman

are you trying to burn 'on-the-fly' ?

although that shouldn't really make a difference

never tried copying from one format to another personally...

9. herbsman

P.S.
    Maybe try putting it to a DVD-R from DVD-RW instead of DVD+R

10. maes67

maes67 Guest

i have don it with dvd-r and i got that prolem???

11. herbsman

[bold]maes67[/bold]

Did you try running it trough DVD2One again to bring it down to 4200Mb

You never did say if you were successful...?

; P

12. maes67

maes67 Guest

I bring it back too 4200mb but not successful???

13. jellyjams

jellyjams Member

When I first ripped and burned with success, I did burn on-the-fly to DVD-RW. Now that I think about it, when I decided to copy from my DVD-RW to a DVD+R, first I tried it on-the-fly with Nero 5.5.10.15 (?), then copy to HD to DVD+R, both failed--saying not enough room on DVD+R. Now that I've had a night of not messing with it, I recall that I did the original rip (DVD XCOPY) and burn (Nero) to DVD-RW before I installed updates to both Nero and my Sony 500AX. I don't see that it should make a difference, but today I'm going to start over with the updated items and see if I can get through it. Will let you know. BTW, the updates were to Nero 5.5.10.20 and the Sony 500AX to firmware 2.0e. DVD XCopy stayed at 1.4.xxx

Last edited: Apr 12, 2003
  14. herbsman

It does make you wonder seeing as updates on 2 things were done.

Updates are not always the best thing.

Example: Firmware for DVD Burner

15. maes67

maes67 Guest

A have checked my sony DRU 500-AX with this progam from sony DRIVECHEKC.
    test results:
    write test-passed
    read test-passed
    media test-failed
    you can try it out here,
    http://sony.storagesupport.com/cdrw/diagnostics.htm
    a must say i burned on 2 speed with "thats write-dvd`s,and now at the moment i gonna try it with 1 speed if that`s not working i send it back too the factory?@#$%$#@
    A don`t now what else i must do. :-(

16. herbsman

Sony would dearly love you to use their media is sometimes why it may be fussy.

There are certain firmware flash(es) that can open up your drive to not distinguish between different types of blank media.

I'm not sure whats available for your drive as I have a Pioneer DVR DVD-RW a04/104 .

17. herbsman

18. dvd2crap

dvd2crap Guest

have you checked if you have enough disk space on your temp folder. It might be referring to insufficient disk space in the temp folder where it uses temp buffer to burn the DVD....just a thought..

19. trike

trike Member

Hi did you guys get this problem sorted out
    I am getting the same problem trying to copy a
    movie from a dvd- useing nero it reads the dvd fine so not a buffer problem but when it goes to burn it to a blank dvd+ it says not enough space on the disk the movie on the dvd- is showing as 4.490mb when i put a blank dvd+ it shows as 4.483mb as both disks are surposed to be the same size how can this be ? I can not find any overburn for dvd in nero
    thanks for the help

20. maes67

maes67 Guest

A think i now the problem its the kind of media whe use,try it with another media dvd,Datawrite DVD+R 4.7Gb ,something like that.