1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Program Will Not Automatically Start Burning DVD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by StephanG, Aug 26, 2007.

1. StephanG

StephanG Member

I have been using DVD Shrink and Nero to burn my movies the past couple of years. Well, whenever the movie would finish encoding the disc and is ready to burn the movie onto a DVD, the disc drive would automatically open and I would put the blank disc into the drive and Nero would automatically start the burning process. Well today, for some unknown reason, as soon as the DVD Shrink would finish encoding, a box would pop up stating that the files are stored in the part of the hard drive I assigned, and then states for me to burn with appropriate burning software. This happened to two different movies back to back today. Now, I am not sure if this will continue to happen with other movies in the future, but for the time being, how do I manually go about burning the movie from file to DVD by going to the Nero software on the computer? It seems greek to me when I try to use the software manually. I cannot figure how to get the movie to burn to DVD in this manner. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Stephan

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi StephanG
    Sounds like your backup target in Shrink is now set to 'hard disk folder'. Next time you use Shrink under select back up target change it back to your burner instead.

For the ones already on your hard drive use Nero Express. Pick the video/pictures >dvd-video option. Then add the video_ts folder.

3. StephanG

StephanG Member

Binkie7 - "THANK YOU" for your help. As long as I have used DVD Shrink the past couple of years, I have never had the trouble I had yesterday. Through your help I have learned two things; how to use Nero Express to burn a movie on my hard drive & how to go about getting the "hard disk folder" back to using Nero as my burning software. Now I am back where I used to be, thanks again!

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome StephanG
    Glad those did the trick!
    Just an fyi - Shrink will keep the last setting(s) by default (like what your choose under select backup target) until you change them again so you should be good on having Nero autoburn.