1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Read Only Data DVD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by logic411, Feb 26, 2007.

1. logic411

logic411 Member

Could some1 tell me how to alter a data DVD burned with Nero from read only?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Unless it was a multisession disk or RW disk, you cannot rewrite to it and it is by definition read-only.

3. logic411

logic411 Member

It is a multi-session disc.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

OK. So what problem are you encountering? Can you not continue the multisession disk with Nero?

5. logic411

logic411 Member

The problem I have is that when I try to move the files from the data dvd to another computer it blocks me and say the data is read only. When I select the files and select uncheck them as read only it wont allow me to change. Also, how can I make it so nero doesn't make the files I burn read only?

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Files on CDs/DVDs are read-only because there is no way to change the files without rewriting the entire disk. Files denoted as read only shouldn't prevent them from being copied. Nero just burns. The operating system is what marks and keeps track of file attributes. You can't change the attribute of the file on the CD/DVD. However after copying to your hard disk, the OS should then let you change the attribute. Actually, the read-only attribute should no longer be checked after the file is copied to your hard disk unless the file was originally marked that way before burning. Is the OS not allowing you to change the attribute on a file on your hard drive? Are you attempting to copy over a network?