1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode 2 - jittery jumpy playback & audio - advise please

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by 1970paul, May 21, 2007.

1. 1970paul

1970paul Member

Hi there,
    I am using the following :- Nero 6 version 6.6.0.18 & Nero Digital version 3.1.0.21.
    When I am copying DVD's, I open up Nero Recode 2, and select the DVD drive to import the Title I am copying. After selecting, the small preview window appears while Nero is analysing the video. I have noticed the images in this window no longer play smoothly, but are jumpy though they are clear. When you select a file that has been imported and play it in the Nero Recode playback window, the image is again very clear but the playback isn't smooth but jumpy. It is similar to the effect when framerates are wrong. The movie plays forwards always but with "hiccups" at every 0.5 to 1 sec intervals. This goes for the audio to. At each hiccup in image there is a staticky click.
    Any suggestions? I am loathe to try copying a full DVD until i get this sorted as i don't want a jumpy copied movie and a waste of hours.

Thanks
    Paul

2. 1970paul

1970paul Member

I just wondered if anyone has any ideas on this problem? I forgot to say that after noticing this, i did uninstall xvid-4 codec pack and a lossless codec (the full name i can't remember, maybe AC3 lossless) in a bid to rule out any codec compatability probs. I also uninstalled both Nero packages using the Clean tool sofware, then did a re-install. I still have the same problem.
    Thanks

3. 1970paul

1970paul Member

Any help or suggestion anyone?