1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero recode 2! worlds fastest mpeg4 decoder! thats what they say!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Xsilver, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

Has anyone used nero recode 2 yet? I have been looking at it on the ahead website and it claims to be the fastest mpeg4 decoder in the world. I am looking for a download but i guess it too new at the moment. So if anyones used it let us know how you got on.

See ya later
    Xsilver
    www.hornsbytechnology.co.uk

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Evening X, first off, edit out your email bro, against rules, plus you'll get a severe spam-attack, lol. Haven't tried it personally, always stick to MainConceptMPEGEncoder, transcodes a 700mb .avi in around 2 1/2 hours, works really well so i'm sticking with that. if you manage to get it & give it a run, report back, all feedback is good, mate.

Dene

3. grogey

grogey Guest

I'm going to have a go at this on the weekend. Just purchased a new dvd player a few weeks ago that will play mpeg4s - but haven't yet had the time to trial the Nero Recode..... will be very interesting to see how it goes.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

It maybe a proprietary format. I tried doing one and it would only play in Nero's player. The results where pretty dark.

Some info here, but make sure to read the user comments to the review at the end:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/131

5. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I just used it out of curosity and In my opinion, it is great! except for the fact that I dont have a compatable DVD player. Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get an MPEG-4 compatible stand alone DVD player? I wonder if they are expensive? anyways, I backed up Ocean's 11 on a 800mb CD and it looks great on my pc, I would love to see how it would look on standard televison or a Wide format TV!

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Probably like a VHS tape would.

7. grogey

grogey Guest

My mpeg4 player was only $129 australian. I purchased it from Strathfield Auto - they are all over the place here in Victoria. I could have got one $20 cheaper but this one had 5.1sound. The other only stereo. The brand is XMS and they stock a couple of different models. I'm just about to do my first mpeg4 when I get offline so will let you know how it goes.

8. grogey

grogey Guest

Well that was a big big waste of time - spent 2.5 hours encoding etc - I was very patient - and what did I get at the end........yes a lovely coaster!!

9. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

I've used Recode 2 quite a few times and I'm very pleased with it. The problem is that there aren't any stand alone DVD players that recognize the mp4 container, at least that I'm aware of. You would have to de-multiplex the audio and video and put them into an avi container. Not worth the effort if you ask me. You might as well encode to Divx or Xvid.

10. grogey

grogey Guest

I purchased this particular player for the reason that it is an mpeg4 player so should be able to play the discs made by Nero Recode......when I get caught up with all my other computer stuff and can find another couple of hours to free it up I'll have another go.

11. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

I doubt it will work. Your player probably only plays avi's.