1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ibuddha, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

I'm having some problem with Nero 7 Premium, and Recode 2. (WHICH BY THE WAY IS AWESOME!!!)

For some reason when I try the "Recode and entire DVD to DVD" option Nero locks up. Yet it seem that it's only locking up with a certain movie. The Number 23, which alot of people seem to be having trouble with lately.

Anyway I used DVD Shrink to "De-Copyright" it and then I tried using Recode to burn it to a disk. I know that I can use DVD shrink to burn it also but when I did this well it looked like S***.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You can try ripping w/ the free DVDFab HD Decrypter then use Recode.
    This one has 3 titles on it so that might be why Recode is locking up - it's confused? DVDFab may handle it better for recode

Using the rip from DVD Shrink in Recode might not improve the quality if Shrink 'shrunk' it. So I would use the 'full' size in Recode.

3. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

what do you mean 'full'? I can't encode it through Nero cause it's Copy-Protected.

Also for some reason I can't seem to get the option to encode videos to my Ipod. I don't have the apple profile anymore. Stupid Nero.

='[

4. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

what do you mean 'full'? I can't encode it through Nero cause it's Copy-Protected.

Also for some reason I can't seem to get the option to encode videos to my Ipod. I don't have the apple profile anymore. Stupid Nero.

='[

5. binkie7

When you rip it w/ dvdfab - dvdfab removes the copy protection so Recode can then handle it.

DVDFab will rip the full dvd to your hard drive. When you ripped with DVD Shrink if you had it set to dvd-5 then Shrink compressed the movie so trying to then use Recode to improve the quality probably won't there.

What version of Nero are you using? I still see the iPod listed in the latest under Nero digital category.

6. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

I dl'ed DVDFab Platinum and it froze on me. damnit. i'm going to try it again.

7. binkie7

Hmmm running alot of stuff while using it? If you are close as much as you can.
    If you haven't been keeping up on the pc maintenance like disc defrag, disc cleanup, registry cleaner and virus scans I'd do those 1st too.

8. higgielk

higgielk Guest

This is how I got The Number 23 to work.

Use full disk or clone mode, and manually deselect all the garbage.
    You do need to keep the Menu's and the first two movie titles. For some reason, selecting them both doesn't add to the compilation.

There seems to be an interaction with the infiniti version of the movie, and also you will retain both the theatrical and unrated versions...

If you select only the first or second title, you will get the infiniti addons....trust me, I toasted 3 dvd's figuring it out.

9. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

thing is that i want the full disc with everything but it doesn't seem to be working even when i stop a million processes and i leave it alone. it freezes right about the 40% point.

=]

10. binkie7

What else are you using to remove the copy protection besides Shrink?

You can try AnyDVD and CloneDVD - not free but has a 21 day free trial.
    It's what I used on this one - full disc minus any unnneeded audios, previews or special features I didn't want.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

ibuddha

If you want to do the whole disc then do it on DL media so you don't get compression. I also had higgielk's problem. If you do all 3 movies on same disc, the compression is 46% form each and even recode says it's too big. I finally used AnyDVD and Recode and let it select just the first movie. 100%compression>got no subtitles and still that infinfiln $hit. The movie was fine except for those pesky pop ups.JM2C

12. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

GOD DAMN IT!!!!

Ok so I finally got DVDFab to work and I was able to encode the entire disc to and Audio Ts and Video Ts folder. So I go to Recode 2 thinking"yes, I rule and I can finally put this behind me" i choose recode entire dvd to dvd I import the folder Nero analyzes and loads it up then it pulls a fast one and says "F*** YOU! HAHAHA I RULE YOU ARE MEGA NOOB SUXORS!!!" and I cried, it locked up for no damn reason. I have the newest Nero.

13. binkie7

Man I feel bad for on this one

I did the full backup minus some unwanted special features w/ AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Perfect backup and no pop ups.
    Try that combo - has a 21 day free trial.

Try Shrink again. I know you said the quality was bad the 1st time but try this - uncheck all the audios but AC3-5.1 then when you click backup click on the quality settings tab and pick 'perform deep analyis before back up to improve quality' and under quality enhancements you can use the default sharp. Will take longer but quality should be better.

14. higgielk

higgielk Guest

Like I said before, you need to select the first two titles. It doesn't add to the size of the file. And you have to enable the menu.
    Did it with anydvd and clonedvd.....