1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode and Itunes

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Blighter, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Blighter

Blighter Regular member

Hi, i'm trying to import some video files into iTunes so i can put them on my iPod but i'm having some trouble.

Basically, the recode settings i change from the "portable setting" are resolution (change to 320x224), i take of "fit to cd" and change it so the filesize=100mb (566.7kbps). Also i take off leterboxing.

Then, in the Nero Digital settings, i change the encoding method to 2-pass, and check the box called "simple profile (Quicktime TM compatibility)". That's it, it encodes.

However when it's done, i goto iTunes, and try to "add file". I double click on the video, but the video doesn't seem to get added to the itunes library? What am i doing wrong?

Blighter

2. Blighter

Blighter Regular member

It's ok, i've figured it out now. Basically iTunes wouldn't import the file because the length of the file name was too long!

3. zimer

zimer Member

Recode2
    Under Performance/quality, select extra quality
    Advance, check simple profile box.
    I was able to using Recode2, burn video file in a folder and drag/drop to Itune while Ipod is sync.

zimer