1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Recode- Chapters Of DVD or not...

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by LMH16, May 4, 2007.

1. LMH16

LMH16 Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me, on Nero Recode when trying to recode a DVD9 to a DVD5, you are able to disable certain parts on the final disk. On some disks under 'Extras' there are about 50 titles some with video which I'll keep and many are just 1MB files. When you select them and you play them it doesn't really play and just shows a black screen (theres norhing wrong with the program as it plays the large video files fine), now are these crucial to it working (are they the chapters) or can you disable them and replace them with a custom colour and have no problems. If you can put a custom colour instead, how would this play, is it really noticible.

Thank You For Your Help.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi LMH16
    Usually those black screen files are pretty small so changing them to a still pic or image really doesn't save that much. Some I think are just the junk files that the distributer puts in. From the sounds of 50 it sounds like Sony's copy protection.
    If you rip the dvd to your hard drive you can run it through something like VobBlanker or FixVTS to remove the junk files.

It would be noticeable if they were at the beginning of the movie - then you'd see the still pic/image you inserted.
    Like if you disabled the previews that start at the beginning of the movie and inserted a still pic that's what you'd see when you inserted the disc to play.