1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode2 problems after latest update .

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dlc2000, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Link please? :D

2. dragon25

dragon25 Member

What I think he meant is something that many people don't know. Which is why sometimes one has to wonder why it's in there AND people ask for Nero logs. ;) Anyway, the logs contain the serial #'s you use to register the application. So, when you post an entire log on a forum, like here, your serial # is also present for anyone who wants to use it. It works well for the idea of sending logs to tech support, because they can tell if you're a registered user or just trying to leech off of their tech support. :) But, on a forum, it became a bit of trying to recork the genie because the logs are incredibly complicated. Until someone tells you the serial is in there, you probably never notice. But, you get asked all the time to post logs for error messages. A bit of a catch 22, as well.

ERM LIKE I SAID BEFORE....OR I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CLEAR.....I UNDERSTAOOD ABOUT THE SERIALS, IT WAS THE OTHER GABBLE I DIDNT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT.

3. Spurgeon

Spurgeon Member

Sorry my post was unclear, it is only because I can only suggest some pointers as to the possible problem having looked at the your log and others on the net.

Your problem appears to be 'gcode' timeouts on looking at the source .asf files. Others appear to experience this same problem with other filetypes like .avi. Noone seems to have resolved this accept in the thread link given, but this was a different filetype.

I am suggesting you check the folder listed to see if any files contained in it, possibly hidden are corrupted and delete them, they may exist from earlier attempts to do this, although the link suggests more than this it is hard to follow owing to the other programs being used alongside nero.

I believe the .asf files are not meeting the same standard as nero expects, a program to convert the .asf files to another format before using nero may resolve the problem, there are several searching the web, but can't vouch for them.

Additionally you referred to an audio sync problem, I've had that with .avi's when the hard disk is performing sluggishly. I noticed the log referring to the intel chipset 82801AA and there is an update/driver on the intel website and probably also on the motherboard disc with the PC, It appears from the log this is not installed. (Intel make more than CPUs)

I acknowledge that the PC log is not the newer PC and this is not specifically the right cause of the errors currently in the log.

Having said that ensuring all drivers are up to date and that firmware is up to date on the burner is common to get right to outrule these as possibilities.

Many threads with this 'gcode' problem suggest firmware (I doubt it) and no-one has confirmed that updating it resolved the problem, in fact the only one getting anywhere near suggesting a resolution was the link I gave.

Just trying to help.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  4. dragon25

dragon25 Member

right firstly i thank you for yuor help .

secound if it was the fireware on the old pc (mine) how would i get it.

and if it is the firmware on my mums which is like 15 months old like i said , again where would i get it and why would it be that?

like i said before i have got winavi to convert the asf files to mpeg but when complete in the transaction the mpeg only has 6mins of the 45 mins of footage?

so why nero is unable to do the converstion to dvd on the hdd without it being done via dolby 5.1 and vbr i have no idea.

i mean at l;east 9 months ago nero was fine untill they started messing with their updates again, i mean i was stunned too notice that nero is known for sending out crap like this which reminds people of microsoft windows me, that was soo messed up that it was one of the worst the produced and eventually disowned.

you would have thoug that people that pay for this service that nero would actually produc ethe quality.

should i try one of each asf and mpeg file seperate and see what happens?

and if it is the asf files what format should i convert too? for nero too stop messing about.

5. dragon25

dragon25 Member

right, decided to try burning each format of video file seperately, and so far all fine with out any problems, so im nowe burning with both asf and avi together to see what happens.

6. dragon25

dragon25 Member

MY GOD........... it woprked i did the 4 files and no problem........so there must be a problm for having 6 files? damned shame cause i really wanted to have 6 on the menu

OKKKKKKKKKK,

I SPOKE TO SOON LOL

SO I WENT TO DO ANOTHER 4 FILES OF THE SAME FORMAT, AND IT FAILED AGAIN.......SO IM STARTING TO THINK ITS ACTUALLY A SPECIFIC VIDEO FILE THAT IS STOPING IT. SO IM NOW GOING TO BURN SEPERATELY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

right midnight and so far i have found that its a single file from the american chopper season 1 that is casuing problems

American Chopper Race Car Bike prt 2

, im now waiting to see if some more are currupt as im going striight for a 6 file dvd again but the last 6 in the season.

the anoying thing will be that the asftools fixer didnt fix the file and nerither did video fixer.

THEN IF ANY OF THEM FAIL I WILL RUN THE ASF/WMV VIDEO FILE FIXER THEN TRY AGAIN.

I CAN ONLY THINK OF THIS AS I CAN SEE HOW NERO IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE FILES BEING PLACED INTO A MENU SYSTEM DVD CONSIDERING ITS ABLE TO HANDLE A DVD THAT DONE IN 5.1 DOLBY CODEC AND DONE TO 10GB BUT THAT WOULD BE OUT OF SYCNH WITH SOUND GRRRRRR

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hello Everyone,

I'm back, sorry for the long absence. I see a lot has been posted on this thread since my absence, so I need some time to read it all and soak it up before responding.

One thing I would like to know at the outset, as I do not see enough responses to tell for sure if it's resolved or not, it appears for some it is and some its not, but I wish to be sure.

How many still have trouble, as of this last release of Nero Recode, with Nero Recode detecting content in a Video_TS folder?

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

8. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I can't speak for everyone :) but as someone who has posted on the problem before, I didn't see the problem come up on the new versions of NBR and NVE installed together.

9. Laura_e

Laura_e Member

Just letting you know that since I installed lastest update NVE-3.1.0D I don't seem to be having any more trouble with detecting the content in a Video_TS folder.

10. TDY

TDY Member

With this newer version of recode and nero I have not had any problems burning.But in order for it to work I had to take out the "Ndvddisc.dll" file in the Nero Recode directory.Don't know why but it works.........

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Craig,

When can we expect the new Recode2 to come out AND is it an auto-update for current owners OR is it a pay-for upgrade -

I've had many PM inquries so, I thought an answer from you in forum might save a lot of time.

Thanks Buddy,

Glad to have you back -

As always, you were missed :)

Cheers,

Pete

12. MickDB

MickDB Member

I am a new poster, but I still have the problem of Recode hanging when selecting the "Import DVD" button and trying to select a folder on DVD. But it works when selecting files copied to the hard drive.
    I think I have tried all the solutions in theis thread (clean install after registry cleaning and using Ahead tools, renaming the DLLs, installing the NVE21221.exe version from the FTP site). It is more of an inconvienience really, as by copying the files to HDD I can still use Recode (which I really like and was using a lot).

Mick

13. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Pete,

When you say new, do you just mean the next web release? Or do you mean like the 'Next' release as in Nero Recode 3?

If you mean the next web release, we hope to have a new build posted by May 11th, give or take a day or two.

If you mean the 'Next' release of Nero Recode, I can not say at this time. Sorry. :)

Hi MickD,

What you are reporting sounds different from what others have reported. What others have reported is Nero Recode closing as soon as it launches; or not being able to select any content from a Video_TS folder. None have had it 'hanging' when selecting content from the DVD-ROM.

Do you have more than one DVD-ROM drive to use as a source? Are you using your DVD-ROM or DVD-Recorder for the source disc?

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

14. MickDB

MickDB Member

I only have the one drive, an LG4163 recorder, but have tried it with and older LG4040B, which used to work then stopped. the 4163 has never worked for reading from Recode, but it has only been in the PC since after Recode stopped working anyway.
    The usual thing is I get to the "Explorer" type window to select the source, click OK, the drive spins up then Recode hangs.
    If I run after renaming the ndvddisc.DLL I get an error message saying "The selected files do not contain a valid DVD identifier. Are you sure these are DVD files?", but only if I select the VIDEO_TS folder. If I select the disc itself, then it just freezes.
    I just assumed this problem was similar to the others described in the thread.
    As far as I can tell, the problems started after the last but one version of Recode was installed. Since then I have put XP SP2 on , but I am pretty sure that the problem did not coincide with that (and I thought Nero/SP2 problems had been sorted).
    I guess I'll just stick with the DVD to HDD then Recode method, but was just puzzled by Recode suddenly not working.

Thanks
    Mick

15. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I don't suppose you have another computer you can take your recorder and Nero Recode to, just to do a quick test to see if you have this same hangup on other systems, or if it is specific to that one system?

If we could isolate the problem to either our software, the source drive, or the system, it would help speed up trouble shooting the issue.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

16. MickDB

MickDB Member

Well it is definitely not the drive as I have put a new one in since the problem started. I have put the original into a system at work, so I will test the software/drive combo on monday.

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Craig,

I meant the next release of Recode 2, the one which will deal with the issues at hand and with DL media :)

Much Thanks Buddy,

Pete

18. MickDB

MickDB Member

Well I just tried the old drive in my PC at work with the latest version of Recode and it works, which leads to the unhappy conclusion that it is something on my PC at home. Any ideas where to start looking? Is it XP SP2 related as that seems to be in the same time frame in my mind as when the problems started.

19. Trom

Trom Regular member

I've just read this thread and very interesting it is full of excellant information. Its also very refreshing to see someone from Ahead software coming on board to give assistance considering the practise of useless self generated e-mail responses churned out by quite a few companies when you seek so called tech support. I've also had problems with Recode but thanks to the fixes mentioned here all is well. However I did notice one strange thing, I have 3 instances of the file dvddisc.dll, two in \ahead\nero recode - dvddisc.dll and ndvdisc.dll both dated 20/09/04. I also have another instance of ndvdisc.dll in the folder common files\ahead\dsfilter and that is dated 19/10/2004. I'm curious as to which file is the one recode uses and could the fact that there is more than one instance of the same file cause issues as would seem to be the case at least in some of the cases mentioned. I'd rather not go down the road of deleting files as it may happen that some other part of the Nero package may require it somewhere along the line, I just don't know.