1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode2 problems after latest update .

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dlc2000, Jan 12, 2005.

1. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

For anyone who tried/has started this test, I deleted the instructions. But, turns out I should have left them in!

Turns out the problem is with one than one mounted image at the same time to different drives in versions of Recode greater than or equal to 2.2.6.1, which was installed by NVE 3.0.1.14. (2.2.6.1 was also the first version where the disappearing main menu items and the issue of mounted images not displaying any Titles also first appeared. So, there's a connection there. Something fixed, changed, or introduced at the Recode 2.2.6.1/NVE 3.0.1.14 stage appears to have started this.) Recode 2.1.1.24, installed by NVE 3.0.1.4, is, still the last working version of Recode. Regardless of source image creator or file size, it only reads in the contents of the 2nd mounted disc. It detects the other disc's Title's VOB's are neither non-existant, as solid black, as solid green, as video from the 2nd mounted drive, or a mixture of the above.

So, would someone else try testing this for me?
    Mount two disc images from hard drive(s) to two different virtual drive letters. In Recode 2.2.6.1 or greater, use Remake a DVD and load is some Titles from one mounted drive. Use the Preview slider to make sure it generates video in the pane. Then, add titles from the other mounted image and see if the Preview slider displays video for that Title from that mounted drive BUT will only display black, green, or video from the 2nd drive only.

I checked the GUI.DLL fix, and, though it does fix the crashes, missing main menu items, etc. and while it does fix the mounted drive image problems for most cases, more than 1 mounted drive as a video source is NOT fixed by it. Recode 2.1.1.24 is still the last version not affected by this bout of latest problems.

Please post replies for your test results, too. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  2. rudenoise

rudenoise Member

Ingnore my prior post 27 Mar 05. Yes, I was able to get recode to stop crashing by modifying and renaming the extension of: "NeNDGui.dll". Yet, It burns "Caca" and I believe 'Drlight' is correct when he said "I guess it may effect the nero digital option in recode though?"

I guess it does...because I can't get a good burn out/recode out of NERO. I'm getting really agravated with this; what a headache! Nero Support is non-existent and I keep getting the same "CANNED" answer...and I paid for this piece of.......????? I cannot honestly recommend this software after what I (and it appears from all the posts "we") have been through trying to "Jiggle" it.

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

The issue with "Remake a DVD" not selecting or seeing content to be selected in a Video_TS folder may have resolved. We had one system that we were able to duplicate this issue fairly reliably, and with this new candidate, we have not been able to duplicate this issue any longer. So we expect this will be resolved in our next Web Release.

As for the issue some have reported of Nero Recode closing as soon as you click on any options, this may be do to bad or pirated serial keys. IF anyone is having this issue, please send me an Email at Techsupport4@Nero.com so that I can check on your serial keys to see if they are valid, or send the EMail to our normal tech support route of Techsupport@nero.com

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

4. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

ccampbell;

Please see my last post on a possible test candidate for an issue that may or may not be releated, if it hasn't been tested already for Remake A DVD. Using more than 1 disc source for Titles has "confused" Recode as to what content is on what disc. It goes back to NVE 3.0.1.14. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  5. BozoKlown

BozoKlown Member

I just started having problems with Recode 2 not burning after compiling....I get a message of internal error. I am at work so I don't have the verions of Nero Vision Express or Recode with me. My software was the Nero OEM Suite that came with my burner and I ran the latest updates that are on the Nero site as of today. It worked fine until I installed Service Pack 2 and Direct X 9c. I would use DVD Decrypter...not the latest version but the one just prior.....and then use Recode 2 to shrink and burn.....now it doesn't work. I may try renaming the NeNDGui.dll as in previous posts on this thread but wasn't sure if my problem was same as the others. Any other suggestions welcome.

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi DBminter,

We are aware of and have been for some time of an issue with Recode working with two Titles from two different DVD-ROM or DVD-Recorder drives. Currently, Nero Recode will only work with more than one Title if only one source is from a DVD-ROM or DVD-Recorder, and all others must come from the Hard Drive.

This bug was reported by me quite some time back, and has been pushed back on the priority list a number of times.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

7. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Okay. Good that you already know. :) It's new to me because only until recently, I was using 3.0.1.4, since the ones after had had problems reading in Titles from virtual drives. I upped to current versions to start providing tests and answers, etc. for this thread.

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi craig,

As a frequent user of Recode2, any idea off a timeline for this "bug fix" ?

It is quite annoying :(

9. trevora

trevora Member

Ditto for me!

I also ask the same question as ScubaPete.

10. Murcia

Murcia Guest

Regards to the error when pressing any option on the Nero Recode menu crash (version NVE 3.1.00) I think the error that it gave Me and a few friends was a Mpeg4.dll encoder conflict that closes the program.I found eliminating this .dll makes the program work but without Mpeg4 encoding possibilities.When it gives you the error you have to read the details to find the exact .dll....

11. Wizord

Wizord Member

my ver of nero is the newiest and i have the same problom with recode gets to main menu and crashes after that my solution is to uninstall nerovision and reinstall the previous version it works fine but then i loose other stuff like lable creater, so i have had to install the new ver on my other computer and make my lables and such there and the old ver on this computer to recode dvds thanks wish it were fixed and i did a complete clean did work first time but then it started crashing again, if i reinstalled winxp again it would work again there is some conflict in the registry wish i knew what it was

12. frisk

frisk Member

I haven't read the whole thread

suggested already someone to rename the file
    NeNDGui.dll to XNeNDGui.dll

C:\Programme\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeNDGui.dll

13. drlight

drlight Member

I'm not sure about the solutions to rename "dll" files they are linked to executable files wich will always fail to run without thier "dll's"

Al

14. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi ScubaPete/Trevora,

The issue with Recode's 'Remake a DVD' not allowing you to import Titles or even see Titles in a Video_TS folder we expect to be resolved in our next web release, as my testing shows this to be resolved on the one system we were able to duplicate this issue on.

As for the issue with Nero Recode 'closing or crashing' as soon as you select any of the options, we have still not been able to duplicate this issue. Based on the reports I've seen on the forums, and some of the work arounds a few users have come up with, I am begining to suspect a serial key may be the issue. If anyone out there who is experiencing thsi issue can send me an Email at techsupport4@nero.com with their serial key so I can test this issue I would greatly appreciate it. Or, just use the Nero General CLean tool to uninstall Nero from your system, then reinstall Package 2 from off our website and run in Demo mode to see if you still have this issue. If the problem goes away while in Demo mode, but returns as soon as you enter your serial key, this would help to confirm this issue, and please post your findings on this forum.

Regards

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

15. ntang

ntang Member

I am new to this thread. Thanks for all the good information. Especially to Craig. I am too having issues with Recode remake DVD not able to see titles. I have the issue on one PC, but it seems ok on my laptop. I see it is being resolved by Nero for next release. Can someone confirm that?

16. BozoKlown

BozoKlown Member

Well, I don't seem to be having the same problems as others in this thread. My problems seem to be Recode 2 but it doesn't crash or not let me see titles. It DOES grey out options for burn at once and I think the other one is deep analysis. What is happening for me is that it will finish encoding and begin the burn and then I get error message right after it has burned just enough to create a nice coaster. I have used clean tools and re-installed a couple of times and at the moment it seems to be working properly again.....but it did this before and then started acting up after 2 or 3 successful burns.
    I have too many variables to tell what this is for sure. I didn't have this problem until I did my most recent upgrade, but that included new mobo, processor, ram, and burner along with DX9c and SP2

17. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

As for uninstalling and reinstalling the software fixing the crash, I, too, have heard from someone who got it to work by doing that. I could not get the same results when I tried it. But, it is one possible cure. Renaming the DLL's and also using a Nero Digital key are also known cures, too.

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

@frisk & @ntang,

Guys, we understand that you are new BUT before you post in a thread you have GOT to read it first. Your questions have been answered and here's the thing . . . They were all answered on this page.

ntang, in the post before yours you saw that Craig said it was being addressed and he is a Nero Tech. Just who did you want to confirm his statement, . . . GOD ?
    PLEASE guys, read a little before you post . . .

Thanks, I knew you could . . .

@BozoKlown,

What you're describing sounds as if it might be a media issue.

What disc are you using ? We need decent quality stuff to work with DVD Video, Memorex type crap just won't cut it . . .\

cheers,

19. jgcha

jgcha Member

@BozoKlown;

In addition to media - I have noted in my own setup (and on other forums) that NVE/NBR/NR have some problems interfacing with burners.

I solved this problem by encoding to my Hard drive first, then using NBR to burn to DVD. In my case this method has created no coasters at all regardless of media used.

I believe that one reason Nero is having trouble solving problems is because the problem is not entirely theirs - Hardware and other software is likely adding variables that make debug difficult.

I am confident that Craig and Nero will figure out their part of the puzzle as soon as possible.

20. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Yeah, I always recommend a write to HD first and then to disc. Will also significantly decrease the time needed all together.