1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode2 problems after latest update .

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dlc2000, Jan 12, 2005.

1. michi90

michi90 Member

First of all: Sorry for my bad english !
    But as long as all of you can understand me it's alright.

Recode 2 works by default with AEC-Mode 'sharp (default)' (as known from DVD Shrink 3.2).
    Especially for transcoding interlaced material (video) the 'maximum sharpness' setting does a much better job (Unbelievable difference. Try the different settings at 60 percent ! You won't believe your eyes.).
    Until now I have been using DVD Shrink 3.2 with the 'maximum sharpness' setting even for progressive material, because it's much more precise than 'sharp (default)'.
    And this question of precision ist the point especially for interlaced material.
    You can switch in Recode 2 to 'maximum sharpness' by changing a special value inside the Windows Registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero Recode\Preferences]
    "DeepAnalysis"=dword:00000001
    "CompressMode"=dword:00000002 (this is 'sharp (default)')

change it to:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero Recode\Preferences]
    "DeepAnalysis"=dword:00000001
    "CompressMode"=dword:00000003 (now 'maximum sharpness')

Recode gets even faster (same way like DVD Shrink 3.2) with 'maximum sharpness'.
    As known that Recode 2 is faster than DVD Shrink 3.2, why should I still use Shrink ?
    This benefit of speed in Recode has a little disadvantage.
    The resulting picture is not as sharp as transcoded with Shrink.
    But this is a very small difference.
    It's like the difference between MPEG2Dec3dg.dll (last DVD2AVI version) and DGDecode.dll (DGIndex).
    So maybe the activation of 'maximum sharpness' in Recode 2 is a good compromise between DVD Shrinks 'maximum sharpness' and 'sharp (default)'.

You can export the different Registry Settings to your desktop,
    so you can switch it easily before starting Recode 2.

Have Fun !

2. TDY

TDY Member

michi90: That was awsome dude,it dose work.Thanks......

3. michi90

michi90 Member

Where is ccampbell (the guy from Nero Inc USA) ?

We are waiting for an offical statement (dvddisc.dll/ndvddisc.dll) !

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  4. TDY

TDY Member

What I don't understand is how simple this fix was and why Nero never figured it out, because this did fix the problems I was having with the new update.Glad that this AfterDawn website is here......

5. michi90

michi90 Member

@ TDY

That's the point.
    How blind are they at Nero ?

6. michi90

michi90 Member

[REMOVED]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  7. TDY

TDY Member

Looks like a cool site,to bad its written in German."Ich kann nicht Deutschen lesen"But I'll keep it Bookmarked.......

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ michi90

Don't ever link to sites for cracks, serials or warez again alrighty? You might want to have a look at our forum rules too ;)

9. michi90

michi90 Member

@ Nephilim

Sorry, but your reproach is wrong.
    It's a german forum.
    Do you speak german ?
    I guess you read this headline:
    'Boardregeln: 1. freundlich sein, 2. keine Beleidigungen, 3. keine Fragen/Links zu Serials, Cracks, Warez, etc.'

Here is the translation:
    'Board rules: 1. Be friendly, 2. no offences , 3. no questions/links to serials, cracks, warez, etc.'

You see it was an misunderstanding.
    So please rehabilitate me and please restore (if possible) my link.
    This forum is legal.
    We are germans, so it must be legal (that's why they wrote the board rules as a headline to the front page).

Peace !

So here again (back from darkness):

Special greetings to my home forum http://www.brennmeister.com/forum/
    (german and of course legal !)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

In that case please accept my apologies.

Your post was reported as containing a questionable link and I assumed that the individual who reported it knew more German than I. Feel free to edit the link back into your previous post :)

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

michi90,

It's my fault Good Guy -

I don't read German BUT I saw the cracks, s'n, warez - those words I know in any language and so I alerted Neph. My bad.

BTW, the reason you weren't banned in error and were instead just warned was because of your nice manner and general helpfulness here in our forums.

Had it been your first post, I was informed that banning would have been automatic, even though we would have been in error.

What we're saying is - Sorry for the mis-understanding. You are off to a good start here and we'd like for you to forgive us and hang around -

Cheers,

Pete

12. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I installed the listed 3.1.0.0d version of NVE and gave the 945 MB Image test another whirl. The Layer Break is still inserted into the final VTS, BUT, it is now inserted at the very end of the VOB stream, so, you don't notice it. It just appears as a pause as the menu/whatever reloads. This is where the larger than 9xx MB images were putting the Layer Break before, so, it seems to consistent across the board now... I still need to test larger and smaller image sizes, though. You never know. ;)

I don't know WHY installing both NBR and NVE is needed, but, it apparently is. My guess is because NBR 6.6.0.12 came out first, that whatever was fixed there was eventually transplanted into NVE for 3.1.0.0d, since they both share the DVD-R DL engine. That said, though, I still think that even inserting a layer break IN the VTS of a DVD-5 should be considered a bug. :) Especially since it's not done when writing to Hard Disc Folder files. Well, that's because, of course, the Layer Break is not needed. But, it shouldn't be needed on a DVD-5 either, unless you're burning that DVD-5 image to a DVD-9 +R or -R. My guess is Recode adds the Layer Break to the image file for that reason. But, it would seem that Recode should only add the Layer Break if the target Image size exceeds the 4.7 GB DVD-5 size. However, though, I have no idea what the book specs for DVD-R DL are, or DVD+R DL. So, I don't know if a DVD-5 image made with, say, a pre NBR 6.6.0.8 and/or NVE 3.1.0.0 setup, would burn correctly to a DVD-R DL or DVD+R DL without the Layer Break in the image. I've only ever burned 2 DVD+R DL in my life! LOL One was a test and the other is a live test sample to do read tests with.

UPDATE: Well, did a general disc test, with no specific target in mind. Ended up around 4 GB. Had Packet Header Not Found errors on the disc. So, who knows where the problem is now? I just recommend writing to files in Hard Disk Folder and then create a DVD-Video job with them, so, I'll need twice the space, like with Shrink if I ever needed to add non AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS data.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  13. drlight

drlight Member

Dbminter
    I still get the burning layer 2" message with the new nero update.

I agree that the layer 2 message and packet header errors are definate nero bugs when burning to target less the 4.7G.

If this problem was fixed all would be well with the latest version of nero 6.12.0.0

drlight

14. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Hmmm, well, I have to admit, I dropped the ball again. I didn't reboot after installing 3.1.0.0d. After I reboot, I reran the same test and did NOT get the Packet Header Not Found errors.

Yeah, the burning 2nd layer will probably always appear in the display. drlight, have you tried playing these discs, too? Or, better, use DVD Decrypter to decrpyt in ISO mode and do you get an Packet Header Not Found lines in the DVD D log display?

I checked the image created in the above tests and retests with IFOEdit and there is STILL a Layer Break. It was in a different position this time, in the first VTS set, i.e. VTS_01 not VIDEO_TS. I checked the source, which was already a processed image to HD where the layer break had been removed. So, Recode is adding Layer Breaks, even into DVD-5 image files. Plus, it appears to be randomly inserted based on whatever the target size is. So, you may or may not experience a problem with this. If the Layer Break appears in the final VTS AND it appears at the very end, then, you won't. IF it appears anywhere else, you will notice a new pause inserted into the video. Which can be more noticeable because Layer Breaks are generally inserted between chapters, etc. to minimize the break.

I do know that with DVD+R DL's, the layer break has to be calculated to be inserted, wherever. My guess is for DVD-5, it shouldn't be inserting them at all ;) but for compatibility issues burning DVD-5 images to DL discs, it may need to be there. If so, Recode then needs to always add the Layer Break at the end of the final VTS set, at the very end, to avoid unintended pauses. This is only if you use Image, though. If you write to Hard Disk Folder and create your own DVD-Video job, it won't matter, because Layer Breaks are not needed in individual files, just for the disc. However, this can be a problem because, with Hard Disk Folder, you need twice the space to create the disc: the space for the files and the space for the image, unless you burn in real time which is, of course, NOT recommended. :> But, that's the "solution" for now. Use Hard Disk Folder for the target and you shouldn't have a problem.

15. Spurgeon

Spurgeon Member

Not causing error but suggest you run the intel .inf update on your chipset and install the intel application accelerator, should improve the hard disk performance with nero.

You need to edit your post to cut your serial numbers out towards the end of your post.

I haven't tested the formats you are using, but the web suggests a lot of people have the gcore issue with different file formats

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/printthread.php?t=220805&page=6&pp=50

The above suggests in a rather confusing manner an issue with garbled cache files in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user-name>\Application Data\Ahead\NeroVision\NVFcache folder during the process.

Cannot suggest anything further.

16. dragon25

dragon25 Member

firstkly hi, secound and the rest....what the hell did you just say cause zapart from the serials i understood nothing.

the stuff you saw in my post was coming from both mine and my mums, and my mums system is one year old so why update the cpu data? and how would you do that anyways.

i have tried winavi to convert the files to mpeg format but when it does convert and i watch them it only does the 6 mkins of a 45 mins file which is stupid.

and why can nero nve dvd create only be able to do thw whole thing even upt o 10gb in dolby 5.1 and vbr, and not do it in straight forward burn ?

17. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

What I think he meant is something that many people don't know. Which is why sometimes one has to wonder why it's in there AND people ask for Nero logs. ;) Anyway, the logs contain the serial #'s you use to register the application. So, when you post an entire log on a forum, like here, your serial # is also present for anyone who wants to use it. It works well for the idea of sending logs to tech support, because they can tell if you're a registered user or just trying to leech off of their tech support. :) But, on a forum, it became a bit of trying to recork the genie because the logs are incredibly complicated. Until someone tells you the serial is in there, you probably never notice. But, you get asked all the time to post logs for error messages. A bit of a catch 22, as well.

18. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

OT:
    Don't know if it's possible at this forum - but the at Digital Video Forums - we have a fix that automatic clear away any posted Nero serialnumber.

19. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Anyone who has Alcohol (Haven't tested it with Nero's ImageDrive yet.) willing to try something? I've noticed that disc images created to HD by Recode won't mount in Alcohol. It returns that the image is invalid. But, DVD-Video images created by NBR using the files made by Recode in Hard Disk Folder mode will mount in Alcohol. Thanks!