1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero says burn success dvd player says bad disc.HELP!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lauren76, May 4, 2007.

1. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

we know you're a Newbie but please do not double post!

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

sony disks are supposed to be good...... Verbatim is top not media that is easily available in the stores.... but I use Taiyo Yuden ..... the best Made in Japan disk you can get. After thousands of DVDs recorded I haven't had a coaster due to the media! I had coasters due to my errors not the media!

As far as I can see you keep changing speeds on your recordings from 4x to 16x ...... you should keep it at one speed.... 4x or 8x for those Sony 16x disks. the last log that showed a burn fail had this:
    [21:01:36] DVDEngine Last possible write address on media: 2295103 (510:01.28, 4482MB)
    [21:01:36] DVDEngine Last address to be written: -1 ( 0:00.-1, 0MB)

you can write up to 4482MB.... but the last address to be written it -1!! not good! that means it's not going to write on the disk! or it went over what it can write ...... coaster! check your AVIs to see if it's corrupted or just has a problem being converted by Nero.

Also you asked about Nero 6...... you have Nero 7...... as far as I know your version of Nero 7 should be good. I use Nero 6 because I don't need all that extra stuff that Nero 7 has. so long as your version of Nero isn't buggy then you're fine.

3. lauren76

lauren76 Member

Thanks...
    I didnt mean to double post... I actually didnt think either attempt at posting was uploaded coz the screen never changed and the bars didnt complete.
    Thanks though