1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero showtime 3

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by shabre, Feb 5, 2007.

1. shabre

shabre Member

Hello, unable to open a dvd folder while using nero showtime 3.

I go to the video_ts folder, but showtime opens and closes it in a flash of a second. Any ideas?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

It sounds as if either Showtime is corrupted or the DVD is unreadable/corrupted. Will Showtime open and play other DVDs? Is this a commercial DVD or one you burned? Are you using Vista or WinXP?

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Are you trying to open one of the .vob files. If you choose one of the menu ones, it will open and close quickly. If you choose the one with the video, it will play it.

4. shabre

shabre Member

thank you for the information. I open the dvd folder, try to open the video_ts folder for video, it will not work, just a flicker!
    When I open a vob file, it works fine, but cannot watch the entire movie, as you have to go back and open each vob file at a time.

Showtime 2 worked excellent, just trying to find a solution for the showtime 3.

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

It looks like if you choose to open the Video_TS.IFO file, Showtime will play the DVD. I am assuming you have burned the files to the hard drive?

6. shabre

shabre Member

yea, the files are on the hard drive. Showtime will not open the Video_TS .ifo file...just a flicker! And we all know that Nero support is not the greatest. This is driving me crazy, I do like Nero 7, but this is getting to me, not that I use showtime much, but I'm the kinda guy that when I do something, it needs to be perfection. When I play the different vob files (after opening each one up at a time)the quality of picture is amazing.

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Will WMP open and play the folder. Classic Media Player? VLC Player? Will DVD Shrink? Nero Recode? If so, the problem is Showtime related. If not, there may be a problem with the IFO file and you may need to use IFO Edit to rebuild it or rebuild from the original source. If Showtime plays the VOB, I'm guessing there's probably something wrong with the IFO.

8. shabre

shabre Member

thanx for the response. Every program I have ie.powerdvd,recode,shrink...works no problem-but not showtime 3

9. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

What version of the Nero suite are you using? People have been having various problems with Showtime. This appears to be another to add to the list.

Is it just this one folder you can't play or all DVD folders?

10. shabre

shabre Member

version 7...nero showtime 3

willnot open dvd folders on hard drive

11. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member