1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Showtime Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by DW49, Jun 3, 2005.

1. DW49

DW49 Guest

Hello All,
    When I tried to use Nero Showtime to view a DVD, I got a popup window stating "Due to patent license restrictions, MPEG-2 encoding/decoding/playback is not available. This feature can be added by installing the DVD-Video Plug-In.", even though I've already done that. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try ? By the way...I can watch the same dvd movie correctly using ms windows media player 10 . By the way..this is the plugin that I installed thinking it would correct the problem:
    Nero DVD-Mpeg2 Plugin
    Thanks
    David
    p.s....This should have been my very first post.. :-(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2005
  2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

It sounds like a plugin prob even thou you did install the plug you will need to install the audio pugin for nero, DVD-Mpeg2 as far as i know is only for video and not sound, check out the nero website they may have more info ont this.

good luck

3. DW49

DW49 Guest

p4_tt,
    Thanks for trying to help me...I just have the nero oem suite that came with my dvd burner.
    David

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

That the prob then OEM does not come with all the plugins, it's stupid how they give you software and you still need to pay for parts for it as i found out when i got my burner with nero OEM edition.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  5. DW49

DW49 Guest

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

It seems to be shareware which means you still need to pay for it, apart for paying for it theres no legal way around it, you could always use a free media player.

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi DW49,

IF you have installed the MPEG2/DVD Plugin, you should not get this message from Nero ShowTime or even NeroVIsion Express when playing or creating a DVD-Video disc.

The fact that you are still able to play even after this message occurs, indicates that the plugin did install, though not 100%.

I would recommend the following.

1) Use the below link to download our Nero General Clean tool and uninstall our Nero software. And then reboot your system.
    2) Install Nero from your OEM discs that came with your Recorder
    3) Install the MPEG2/DVD encoder that you recently purchased and downloaded
    4) DOwnload our latest Nero 6.6.0.13 and NeroVision 3.1.0.7 and install over your older versions.

Now see if you are able to play or create a DVD-Video disc without getting this warnning message.

P.S. OEMs who bundle our software with their recorders choose what to include with their Recorder Bundles. A number of times they choose to leave out some feature, such as Plugins, to lower their cost. This is not decided by the software developer.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

8. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Sorry i did not mean for it to sound rude, i did mean the cd/dvd manufacturer :)

9. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

No offense taken. :)

Besides, it gives me a chance to educate someone new to the Recording world that you need to research before you buy. No bundle is the same, even if the software and recorders seem to be the same.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

10. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Nero enables and disables stuff based on serials. Pretty sure that the dshow filters that come with it handle MPEG/AC3 (no extra installs), etc. fine, that is as long as you have a serial that allows it.

11. DW49

DW49 Guest

Dear Craig,
    You said this previously:
    " Hi DW49,

IF you have installed the MPEG2/DVD Plugin, you should not get this message from Nero ShowTime or even NeroVIsion Express when playing or creating a DVD-Video disc.

The fact that you are still able to play even after this message occurs, indicates that the plugin did install, though not 100%.

I would recommend the following.

1) Use the below link to download our Nero General Clean tool and uninstall our Nero software. And then reboot your system.
    4) Download our latest Nero 6.6.0.13 and NeroVision 3.1.0.7 and install over your older versions.

Now see if you are able to play or create a DVD-Video disc without getting this warning message.

P.S. OEMs who bundle our software with their recorders choose what to include with their Recorder Bundles. A number of times they choose to leave out some feature, such as Plugins, to lower their cost. This is not decided by the software developer.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA "
    As I stated previously..the only nero software that I have is what came bundled with my new dvd burner. The version # is 6.3.1.17 bundled. Thanks for trying to help me...I was really looking forward to watching a dvd using nero showtime, but unless I can get the audio portion to work correctly, I guess I'll just continue to use ms windows media player 10. Have a GREAT day..
    David

12. DW49

DW49 Guest

Dear ccampbell,
    I downloaded and installed / used the nero general clean tool, like you suggested. I then re-installed the oem nero suite that came with my new dvd burner . I tried playing a dvd movie again, and virtually got the same results. The video portion plays fine..but still no sound. I also re-installed the Nero DVD-Mpeg2 Plug-in.exe file into the nero program file folder. I still receive the pop up window about due to copyrights..etc., the audio cannot play. It says I need to download / purchase the plug-in that I already have. ?? Thank goodness I can still play a dvd via ms windows media player 10.
    David

13. DW49

DW49 Guest

Dear Craig,
    You said:
    " I would recommend the following.

4) DOwnload our latest Nero 6.6.0.13 and NeroVision 3.1.0.7 and install over your older versions. "
    As I stated before..really the only problem I have is that I don't have any sound when I play a dvd movie using nero showtime. Do I really need to download and install the latest version of nero 6.6.0.13, just to try anf correct this sound problem ? If I could just get rid of the popup notification that says the player can't play the sound , and to download the 'dvd-plugin' I'd be a happy nero user.
    David

14. DW49

DW49 Guest

Hello All,
    When I tried to use Nero Showtime to view a DVD, I got a popup window stating "Due to patent license restrictions, MPEG-2 encoding/decoding/playback is not available. This feature can be added by installing the DVD-Video Plug-In.", even though I've already done that. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try ? By the way...I can watch the same dvd movie correctly using ms windows media player 10 . By the way..this is the plugin that I installed thinking it would correct the problem:
    Nero DVD-Mpeg2 Plugin
    Thanks
    David
    p.s....This should have been my very first post.. :-(

15. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi DW49,

Could you send me the MPEG-2/DVD Plugin that you are using?

I will install your version of Nero on a Clean system and then install the Plugin to see if I can duplicate the problem and see why this is occuring.

You can send it to me at techsupport4@nero.com

Regards

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

16. kkooi

kkooi Member

Hi I have exactly the opposite problem! I use OEM package comes with my DVD writer. I have video and audio on Nero showtime, but no audio in Media Player 10 or Real Player. To enable audio in Media Player, I need to set the audio mode from 6-speaker to 2-speaker (My PC has 2 + 1-sub woofer speakers). Seem to me the plug in auto configure speaker base on movie type.

p/s: To choose speaker type in Media player, to go Option\DVD tab. Select property from the Nero plugin pop up. You must stop the player.

Any one have similar problem?

17. DW49

DW49 Guest

Dear kkooi,
    That's interesting..at least you have audio in your nero showtime when watching a dvd. As far as ms windows media player audio goes..I remember I had to install a free codec to get the dvd to play properly. I got it from here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Stinky_MPEG_2_Codec.htm
    I hope this helps...
    David

18. kkooi

kkooi Member

Dear David,
    Pls try to right click your mouse at the showtime screen while the player is in stop mode. Look for configuration or setting (I can't remember which one, this computer does not have Nero). There is an option to pick the speaker type, I think should be under Audio (Pls navigate around).
    Good luck...

19. DW49

DW49 Guest

Dear kkooi,
    Thanks for the suggestion..but I already had tried that..hopefully in the near future, I'll be able to get this problem fixed.
    David

20. kkooi

kkooi Member

Dear David,
    I have solved my problem by installing latest Nero update http://ww2.nero.com/enu/Nero_6_Ultra_Edition_Update_Update.php
    I did try your Stinky codec but problem still exist. I do not have any third party DVD plug on my system. May be worth while to uninstall all of your third party DVD plug in and then reinstall the latest Nero package.