1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Showtime Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by DW49, Jun 3, 2005.

1. DW49

DW49 Guest

Dear kkooi,
    These codec's can really get under a persons skin sometimes...can't they . It seems that some codec's that might work for one person, may not work for another. By the way..do you have the latest ms windows media player installed on your computer: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/default.aspx
    That's what makes the world a better place..when people try and help each other.
    Thanks,
    David :)

2. kkooi

kkooi Member

Dear David,
    I have Media Player 10 on my system.
    Each system has unique problem due to difference hardware and software configurations. I guess many people like to help each other but most of the time we have to figure out the problem ourself, base on tips from others.
    One drastic step is to uninstall all the media players and audio/video plug ins (may need to manually delete residual files from your system folders or registry keys), then install Nero to verify the problem fix. And install the rest one by one. I recommend to set a system restore point, so that you can restore to original condition quickly if first step fails.

3. DW49

DW49 Guest

Dear kkooi,
    It's good to hear that you have the latest version of ms windows media player installed. It's really kind of strange isn't it..you are having problems with wmp, and I'm not. And I'm having problems with nero showtime, and you aren't. I've already removed nero once using the nero general removal tool. Then I re-installed all of the software, and then updated it to the latest versions. But still no luck..Have a GREAT week !
    David

4. DHDaily

DHDaily Member

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

That would be a pirated DVD-Video Plugin, so I would not recommend it. :)

But your choice of course.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

6. DHDaily

DHDaily Member

Sorry about that didn't know it was, i just searched the web and that was the best i found.. I had the same problem with mine, but with an earler version i was able to overcome this problem :)

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi DW49(David),

I've already sent you a personal Email that explains your issue, but I wanted to also post it here so others can be aware of these issues.

You have an OEM 3 bundle, which as some limitations. It does come with an MPEG2 Encoder, so you can create SVCDs and DVD-Videos. But its a limited MPEG2 encoder, as it does not have any Dolby Digital Support, which for the most part will not affect you when creating content. But for Playback with Nero ShowTime, there is an issue as it does not have 2-channel encoding. So if you try and play a DVD-VIdeo that has only 5:1-channel audio, you will get no sound, as it can not down sample to 2-channel encoding. This is why you are not getting any audio.

As for the DVD-Video Plugin you are using, it's for Nero 5.5, and you have Nero 6. It would work for Nero 5.5, but as of the Nero 6 release, we no longer provide installer plugins, we provide serial keys. So if you purchase a DVD-Video Plugin for Nero 6, you would get a Serial key that you woule enter into Nero StartSmart to unlock this feature.

And last, the DVD-Plugin you do have is a pirated version, as when I launched it, the name that came up was not yours. :)

To resolve this, you will need to purchase the DVD-Video Plugin from the Nero Website. Sorry.

Best Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

8. msdivine

msdivine Member

Hi there,
    I recently purchased the Mad Dog Megastore 6 in 1 burner. This came bundled with Nero OEM software.
    I am able to burn data dvd's, cd's, audio. however when I put in a dvd film disc, it does not play the movie in nero showtime. Nero showtime just sits there.
    I know I installed my mad dog properly because i am able to burn dvd's with it.
    I am assuming the bundled software does not have a proper decoder.
    Can you please advise, as I think it is unfair taht Mad dog packages the nero software which in turn can't read DVD's...
    I contacted Mad Dog support and have yet to hear from them..