1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero, Shrink and ANY DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sunup, Feb 4, 2005.

1. sunup

sunup Regular member

There seems to be a lot of different openions about how this will work on new encryptions. I want to know if anybody thinks this combo will work? Shrink, Nero6 and anydvd? I have enough coasters. Be nice.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Anydvd will usually work with just about every program out there since it runs in the background. That setup should work. If by chance it fails you can also try ripping the dvd to your HD with DVD Decrypter and then run those files back through Shrink for the compression or edit.
    Make sure you have the latest updates for both DVD Decrypter and Anydvd.

Jerry

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I use that setup, although I use Nero Express instead of Nero 6 and mine works great.

4. sunup

sunup Regular member

Is that a newer version? If so do I want to update? Can I update for free? THANX

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Nero Express is part of the complete Nero 6 package. Its like a quick start version.

Jerry

6. wworm

wworm Member

Ok I'm a newbie to this kinda of stuff but I have used Nero & Shrinks(now any DVD new version added) hundreds of times with no problems I did get The Grudge backed-up(using shrinks and any dvd) I am having a time with The Forgotten DVD decrypter new version ...Old Version...No Luck?? I just keep getting errors I would like to continue to use shrinks Only if possible.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try running Anydvd(newest update) behind Shrink and see if that works.

Jerry

8. sunup

sunup Regular member

746 anydvd, shrink and nero. OK. thank you.

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

wworm, if AnyDVD and Shrink don't work, use reauthor in Shrink and change the start frame to a point past the "nothing" in the very beginning and into the Columbia logo. If you get both titles you will have to do this with both titles. This was the only way I ever got this movie to backup.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Remember The Forgotten well. There was a lot of unreadable sectors (Sony ARccOS). Toward the end of the rip with Decrypter I got the warning, can't patch or something of the sort. You just click OK (a few times as I remember) and let the program finish the rip. Then open the files in DVD Shrink. I left AnyDVD running in the background during the entire process. With AnyDVD the Shrink processed the files with the unreadable sectors and I got the complete The Forgotten backup. Everything was running in default and no editing was required. Just remember to override the warnings at the end of the Decrypter rip to complete the process.

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I didn't have AnyDVD installed at the time I ripped this, so Brobear probably had an easier time than I did for this reason. But this movie was the reason I got AnyDVD.