1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero shuts down my pc

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bian, Apr 7, 2007.

1. bian

bian Member

hi can any one help me i have been using nero 7 for ages and recently reset my system back to factory settings ever since then when transcoding using the create your own dvd gets so far into the transcoding proceedure then without warning my pc just shuts down would be gratefull for any advive thanks in advance

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

I'm not sure what you mean by "reset back to factory settings". Did you reformat your system or did you do a system restore?

Have you tried doing a clean reinstall of Nero 7?
    - uninstall the current version taking care to write down your serial # first.
    - run the Nero 7 Clean Tool: http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero7_CleanTool.html
    - reinstall Nero 7. I'd go with version 7.5.9.0 available here: http://filehippo.com/download_nero_7_premium/

Are you using a laptop or desktop system? Is it possible you're overheating and that's the reason for the shutdown?

3. bian

bian Member

thanks laddyboy sorry i meant system restore i have tried uninstall and removing nero with regvac then re installing it but will try what you say p.s it is a desktop

4. bian

bian Member

thanks again that seems to have done the trick but think that there may be an issue with my fan is there a way of testing it

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Does your BIOS monitor the fan?

Otherwise, take the cover off and observe would be the best way I would think. It's what I generally end up doing.

6. bian

bian Member

bios does not monitor fan had a look fan spinning but not gettin the vrooming noise like i used too will have to excuse the newbie jargon

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Sometimes the fan speed is geared to the temp measurement, i.e., higher temp begets higher fan speed. Can ou set the fan speed in BIOS? Are we talking about a CPU heatsink fan or a case fan or a power supply fan. Fans don't cost a lot to replace so if you think yours is wonky, order a new one online or go to your local brick and mortar store and get a new one.

8. bian

bian Member

ok think thats what ill do thanks again for your advice you have been a great help

9. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You're very welcome.