1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero software conflict

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by fishyman, Feb 16, 2005.

1. fishyman

fishyman Member

I have the latest nero suite installed for quite a while with no problems. I then installed 1 click dvd and now when burning it gets to the end, computer shuts down and I get the "blue screen of death" and have to manually shut down. I uninstalled, searched for left overs and still have the problem. Reinstalled without 1 click and no problem. Does anyone know if there is a known software conflict as both companies say no and if so what is the fix.......thanks a lot...........

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've never heard of a conflict between the two. I'll see if we can get our resident Nero guru over here :)

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hmm, this is the first I've heard of it. I'll have to add this to the Tests I'm having my Tech's do this week. I'll try and respond back by Monday of next week. If you have not heard from me then, add a post to give me a kick. :)

Regards

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

4. brian1949

brian1949 Member

I have also had a problem with Nero where if you request it to erase a CD-RW the PC immediately reboots. It appears to write/rewrite DVDs without any problems.
    This has just happened to me so I need to investigate further

5. reetann

reetann Guest

I too have had a problem with Nero trying to burn VCD and SVCD from hard drive folder movie.Extracted using ISOBuster sent to folder then open nero select folder it starts but then screen freezes or just goes on for hours then use task manager to close down.I have Nero 6 on disc have uninstalled checked it is all removed from PC re-booted then installed again still the same problem even borrowed a Nero disc from a friend incase mine has an error on it.Still the same problem.
    Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Fishyman,

We went out and purchase the latest version of 1 click DVD and have done a through test with this program and Nero on varios systems (only W2K and XP) and have not found any conflicts. Of course these were clean systems that had only Nero and 1 Click DVD installed. But the programs by themselves do not conflict with each other in our tests.

Hi Reetan,

If you download some MPEG-2 trailers off the website, or AVI files, are you able to create a VCD or SVCD using this source files and Nero? Just want to find out if the problem is with VCD or SVCD in general, or only when using certain type of source files on your end.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

7. reetann

reetann Guest

Thanks for reply Nero used to show screen after encoding VCD or SVCD using ISOBuster the Nero screen opened clicked either VCD or SVCD and a screen appeared in which I removed a tick then clicked add and then the file saved to.This screen no longer appears if I just click on add select files as previous the screen freezes or says encoding after waiting till 100% nothing happens the screen freezes again Running XP Home task manager says programme not responding.Have not figured out how to do AVI format?
    have got DVDSANTA to encode but although I know the folder I sent to failed to get onto Nero.Many thanks in advance

8. adamgwen

adamgwen Member

Is there any new news on this issue? I am having the exact same problem with 1-Click DVD software and NERO Ahead Software. I also have a new computer with Windows XP installed. When I try and burn a CD with NERO, it immediately re-boots the computer without any error messages generated, etc. Love NERO software and 1-Click and would love to figure this out.

9. xGOHANx

xGOHANx Member

hey craig,
    I'm sorry to intrude upon this thread but i have a issue i was wondering maybe you can help me with. Should i write an email or we can discuss it over a tread.

10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi xGhohanx,

You can send me an email directly if it's just a questino at techsupport4@nero.com, but if this is something you think others would ask, or would be interested in, then I would recommend that you create a new thread, and send me an Email directly with the threads link so that I can easily find it and respond.

Hi Adamgwen,

I've tested this software on clean and 'dirty' systems, and I can not find any conflicts between our software programs.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

How you doing -ccampbell-? Im glad your back!!!

Hope to see you around and helping, as your helpm is always needed.

As I said...gald to see you back!!!!

12. 11290

11290 Member

To all of the above that have problems with 1clickdvdcopy and Nero, I had the same problem with the software. DVD's would do fine with the DVD drive and the CD's would copy but the computer would shut off as soon as it got to the end of the copy. Go to this thread and you will find out the problem is a conflict with InCD in Nero.

http://www.dvdrextreme.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2161

This link is to programs that conflict with 1clickDVDcopy.

ahttp://www.1clickdvdcopy.com/usersfaq.html#conflictsbove

Hope this helps.

13. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi 11290,

That was the missing ingrediant. I am now able to dupolicate this issue. I will generate a bug report on this issue, now that I can duplicate it.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

14. 11290

11290 Member

I have wondered, can I run Nero or Nero Express without the InCD program successfully?? I want to use the 1clickdvdcopy program for my DVD writer but like the simplicity and results from Nero for my CD writer. I have both drives and like using the Nero for the CD's so that I do not have to retrain my family on new software.

15. adamgwen

adamgwen Member

11290, where is this InCD program installed within Nero? I took a look in my Program Files under the software, and didn't see anything called that. What version of Nero are you using? I have 5.5.10.54. Maybe we don't have the same problem?

16. Nephilim

Yes. Just uninstall InCD using the Add/Remove programs window then run the InCD clean Tool found here:

http://nero.com/us/Clean_Tools.html

17. 11290

11290 Member

Thanks, did the deed a few minutes ago.

18. Nephilim

You betchya :)

19. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Adamgwen,

Nero 5.5 came with InCD 3, and it is possible it has the same issue, though InCD 3 and InCD 4 are completely different source codes. You should follow Nephilim's advice to see if you have InCD 4 on your system, and use the same process to remove it from your system.

Regards

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

20. 11290

11290 Member

FWIW, I did the uninstall in add/remove programs then ran the clean tool and still had to do some manual cleanup to get rid of the orphans. Still shows on a line in msconfig, although there are no files anywhere on the HDD.