1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero StartSmart transcoding problem....(help!!!)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by xiongbabe, Jul 15, 2007.

1. xiongbabe

xiongbabe Member

When transcoding a movie, the movie is only 1 hour and 30 minutes long. But when it's almost finished transcoding, it ends up to be more than 2 hours and it won't fit onto the blank DVD. So I was wondering if i have to change the settings somehow??? Well a couple of days earlier i burned 2 movies already (under 2 hours) and i had no problems. So any suggestions??

2. salinger

salinger Regular member

In the OPTIONS tabs, select the lowest quality and shortest playback mode. This should do.

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Open NeroVision, Click More, Video Options...DVD Video...Under quality settings choose Automatic fit to Disc....then OK

4. xiongbabe

xiongbabe Member

Thanks for the tips but as my default settings everything is in AUTOMATIC (fit to disk) and the movie still is longer than it usually is. Anything else??

5. xiongbabe

xiongbabe Member

Plus, i noticed that my recording speed is only up to 3x. It usually goes up to 16x. And when i choose any speed, the TOTAL PROGRESS is always slower than the CURRENT PROGRESS and it's remaining time is twice the CURRENT PROGRESS, which makes the movie longer than it usually is. I even uninstalled it and installed it again and it's doing the same thing. It's driving me crazy!!!

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Ignore the "Time Remaining", sometime mine shows 1700+ hours or sometimes more. When it get to the burn stage that figure will change.
    Glad I'm not the only one who is experiencing this.

7. xiongbabe

xiongbabe Member

Thanks for the help, but i found out what my problem was......instead of setting it to AUTOMATIC (fit to disc) I set it to STANDARD and it started burning again.......but i noticed that after i burn it, near the end of the movie it scratches. So i was wondering what that was all about.