1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero subtitles

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mcintire, Jan 1, 2008.

1. mcintire

mcintire Member

When I burn a dvd with just nero sometimes there will be english subtitles on the movie that can't be removed. I would like to be able to turn on subtitles but I don't want them on there all the time. Where do I go to fix this?

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Nero does not burn hard subtitles. Did you try to remove them with you DVD player's remote? Or maybe they are close captions, use your TV's remote.

3. bonkabonk

bonkabonk Member

"Nero does not burn hard subtitles" I think this is a typo or braino or something. Because Of course Nero burns hardsubtitled videos. Yes it does! Nero doesn't care if some video file has subtitles already hardsubtitled in them, it doesn't see the difference between videos with or videos without. And by hardsubbed I mean films with the subtitles "baked" into them, like a VHS, unable to be removed.

What it doesn't do (still!)is burn subtitles. Period. AFAIK, nero still doesn't burn subtitles, that is, the DVD/VCD type of subs, the ones you can switch on and off. Why they they still don't have it, is a mystery to me. I've read somewhere that they are desparately clinging to their codec, and their codec is such that it can't handle subtitles. IDK. You'd think, with all their money they'd be able to buy another codec. Whatever.

there is other software that can make dvds with switch subtitles
    Freeware:
    DVD author gui
    AVitoDVD
    DVD Flick (it's very stable but very slow)

and of course the kind which you must buy, borrow or steal.
    ConvertXtoDVD read Kneegrows comments
    DVD lab pro (but this a form of masochism, you really have to learn a LOT, EVEN if you're handy with computers ...)

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@bonkabonk
    Slow down brother, take a deep breath once in a while.
    I guess I should've made my response more clear, but at least I am not as confusing as you.

Yeah,yeah, smarty pants. We know Nero burns hard subtitled videos,if you have a video with the subs embeded already. I never said it didn't burn the videos with hard subs, but the hard subs(which by the way, was meant "Nero does not hard encode subs, does not embed subs").Basically, if you use use Nero to burn a DVD, should not be a cause for stubborn subs that cannot be turned off.

Please, compare your statement with mine:

Nero does not burn hard subtitles VS.. What it doesn't do (still!)is burn subtitles. Period

We know all about the great DVD Fick and Convertx2DVD that allow to convert a video file and have the option to add removable subs. And we know about WinaVi and other programs that allow to convert a video with hard subs. And we know about AviMux or VirtualDub and such that can also embed subtitles.And we know that Nero Vision is retarded when it comes to subtitles(and not only subtitles)
    Sorry about my "braino", didn't want to raise your BP like that.