1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero suddenly not finalizing (?????)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by theo.aku, Feb 10, 2005.

1. theo.aku

theo.aku Member

My Nero 6.3.1.10 has just started refusing to finalise CD's. It burns as normal and appears to have completed without any errors but does not finalise. I have tested different CDs and have tried reinstalling. The data is definitely written but just not finalised. Is there anyone out there who knows what evil forces might be causing this? And how I can prevent them?

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

hi theo!

i had the exact same problem but with dvd-rs.real simple solution.either update your firmware.do this by searching on google for "firmware for (name of cd/dvd drive). or just change your media.i was using datawrite dvd-rs and they worked well for ages then all of a sudden,for some reason,they wouldnt finalise.changed to dataon premium and no problems since!

3. theo.aku

theo.aku Member

Thanks for the advise but I really want to solve the problem. If it worked once it can work again, I don't want to have to bin a load of perfectly good CD-Rs, just because my copy of Nero has forgotten how to do its job. Nor do I want to buy another copy of Nero.

Any more ideas please?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try uninstalling nero, defrag than reinstall nero & get any updates for it

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

then update firmware.

6. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

also slow your burn speeds right down.

will take an annoyingly long time to burn stuff but at least you will get your moneys worth out of the rest of the disks.

i still recommend you use different brand of disks once they are finished tho.its not just a matter of what disks are good quality and what arent but also a matter of compatibility.

different cd/dvd writers prefer different brands so to speak.each cd/dvd writer is different and will be better with different brands.this is due to the nature of the dye that different brands will use for their disks.obviously a laser isnt going to be able to make perfect burns to lots of different types of dyes especially dyes that havent been used until after you had your drive (thats what firmware is for.updates the laser to accept a wider range).

its just a case of finding out which brands work best for your particular writer.i f*cked about with lots of different brands and made enuf coasters to start up my own business selling coaster s or somethin,i dont know.then i found dataon premium and never looked back!hard brand to find online tho:-(
    have tto buy em personally