1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO turns the VCD picture upside-down!?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Bonusbent, Feb 3, 2003.

1. gordy4481

gordy4481 Member

download ffdshow from imesh,open configuration, select flip video and thats it problem solved

2. ^Krusty^

^Krusty^ Member

Great thread, Im having problems with the nero conversion process as well. I have used tmpg and find that the file size is too large and when trimming down the size the quality is not so good.

I am going to try FFD show and hope there are no issues with Ace-mega codec pack? Was the writer trying to convey thats all you need + his instructions to have nero convert to SVCD?

If that doesnt work then I'll try the G400 codec and install it in my Ace mega directory?

Im theorizing that if you use a 32bit media-player and tell it to invert selection this will also work??

Nevertheless, Im going to get to the bottom of this.........Oh and I also have a fully licensed version of nero and the plug-in. So I have also fired off an email to Ahead explaining the situation.

I also conveyed to them that they should have a Nero "pro" version without all the crud. Im absolutely positive that the wizard is causing this!!!

Amazing what you can find in a string-search on Google. Thats what lead me here, and once again gr8 thread gang..

3. ^Krusty^

^Krusty^ Member

G400 worked for me, a nifty little utility just right click it where it says Xvid click that then just check "flip"

I think TMPG works much better I notice a focus retraction issue? I have never had it happen with TMPG, the brightness should also be increased a little when using nero on the fly.............

So if your going to use nero to encode use the g400 which you can dwnld seperately DONT install the nimo codec pack I recommend ACE instead!(G400 can be dwnlded and installed seperately)

For you quality cntrl freaks out there use tmpg as it does a much finer job if you want to keep it too 2 discs use a bitrate calculator and burn in conjunction with a cd burner like Yamaha, Liteon, or Plextor btw I hear Cendyne Lightning is really a Liteon so you can pick up a dirt cheap burner that supports DAO overburn for cheap cake @ 20 dollars US after rebate.

So I think that solves the nero conversion problem,,,,,,,,,use it if your lazy!!@#$% if you want quality use TMPG or another similiar progie....

4. isepiq

isepiq Member

Yes, ANY proggy like G400 that lets you invert or flip the video will work. Just remember to put it back when done! Also, found a much BETTER codec pack: www.k-lite.tk
    Click on downloads and look for the FULL codec pack. You can check and unchech what you want, and just do a reinstall any time you want to change which codecs you have. Better than Nimo.
    Also, flipping a movie and burning with Nero vcd or svcd has never affected the quality for me??? Gotta be your 'puter??? Maybe???
    I have a Sounblaster 5.1, ATI 128 DDR video, P4-1.5, & 1 Gig of Ram???
    TempG is way too much work for me, hahhahaha.
    IMHO
    isepiq

Last edited: May 7, 2003
  5. khaymain

khaymain Member

Every single avi i have plays fine in wmp but in all of my burner programs they are upside down in the preview and on the burnt vcd. I am certain that this is a codec problem. any help greatly appreciated

6. 2old2eat

2old2eat Member

I figgured out a FIX for the problem, rather than a way around.

The g400 codec is the problem here.. if you dont have a g400 vid card.. the codec will screw everything up for nero.

go to the add remove programs and search for NEMO filters of g400 codecs.. remove them. reboot the computer..

boot up nero.. start to set up your vcd.. ie menu all that crap.. then click on NEW, so that you can drag and drop the vid file you want to use..

you may get an error saying that the video format is unsupported.. heres how to fix that... make sure you have one of the recent Windows MP, open the vid filew in that, it will DL the codecs you need for you. make sure the movie plays there, and reboot again.

now set up the vcd..( you need to make a menu for this to work) after you drag the file over, it should accept it. NOW double click on the file you dragged over.. not the actual file, but the name of it, listed to the left of the NERO screen. it will bring up a window with 2 tabs.. click the menu tab.. it will show a video window with your movie in it.. toggle the bar at the bottom until you can see a clear picture.. and make sure the picture is right side up.. you should get a perfect burn now.

Just to test my theory.. before you uninstal any codecs or anything.. go throgh the creation steps above.. when you get to the "menu tab" it will show your video upside down and reversed.. showing that nero isnt encoding the video wrong, its using the g400 codec and seeing the file wrong, and coding just like it reads it.

hope this helps everyone.

7. s3xyguy

s3xyguy Member

ok i had the problem of films flipping when using nero but it only seemd to happen with xvids.
    i have now solved this if you download a program called avicc you can change the 4cc header code to that of a divx and it will play fine and convert using nero without flipping.
    this works because xvid is actually a hacked version of the divx codec.
    hope this helps everyone who has been having problems.

8. johny

johny Member

right, first of all i too had the joy of havin a vcd burned upside dow, i now know nero is shit for that!

i downloaded that TMPGenc and it solved the whole upside down problem, but now this mpg file plays with no sound!any ideas now??

9. s3xyguy

s3xyguy Member

download virtual dub mp3 freeze
    then load film into it and select file save wav
    then when you use tmpeng to convert your film use the wav file as a external source for the sound and it should be ok

10. kyle737

kyle737 Guest

CHECK THIS OUT===SOLUTION

Here is the real deal people like many i have/had the problem of Nero turning my vcd and svcd upside down when I burned with it. Well quite contray to the beliefs of many about Nero and its worth, I love the program and it is very simple and works great it does the encoding for you and creates quality results so if your like me and want to use Nero and create your svcd or vcd from a avi or xvd and not have to mess around encoding it with tmpeg or some other bull crap program that will make the dang thing 3gigs to big here is your solution:

1. I am assuming if you have a xvcd or avi file that you have kazaa, and thats were you downloaded it from, go to kazaa and serch for "ACE Mega CoDecS Pack"

2. download it and set it up durring installation it will ask if you want to run aggresive unistall of all other codecs, say YES. This will be the last codec you will ever need!!!!!!

3. after a succsessfull install you will have to reboot, do it .

4.then go to nero and select svcd or vcd and drag and drop you file then on the right hand of the nero menu you will see a play button press it and your movie should be playing right side up and not inverted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BURN IT and ENJOY

Your welcome everyone
    BIGDADDY IN THE HOUSE

11. kyle737

kyle737 Guest

OK OK, OK, SO I HERE THAT THE LAST SOLUTION DIDNT WORK FOR EVERYONE!!!!!! CHILL OUT I GOT A NOTHER FIX!!!!!

So here is the deal you still want to use NERO, well it is possiable so chill out and here is the solution. If the first one i gave you didnt work for everyone this one is the one you need!!!

First lets clear up the myth of Nero being a worthles program! It is a awsome program you just got to have a IQ large enough to make it work for you....."paul"

Here is the deal...............

1. agian assuming you have KAZAA you need to visit it and download the "SLD CODEC PACK v1.3" it will be labled the last codecs you will need for a long time and is true!!!

2.Install the program

3.in your program file locate the installed codecs and select DivixG400 in the first page of the options you can change the video to flip output! do it

4. Use Nero to burn the program if you want to be sure it is going to work after you load the selected movie click the play button on the right side of the nero menu and the video shuld be upside down!!! Remember this is a must considering Nero will flip it when it encodes it and burns it!!!

5. Success !!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did it!! Thanks to the help of the one and only BIGDADDY

12. kyle737

kyle737 Guest

One Last Fix It Ticket and I am outy

1st. Go to Kazaa and download the SlD Codec pack and install it!!

2nd. Go to Kazaa and download the NTI CD Maker 6.0 as well as a key generator, "keeping in mind this is illegal and i in no way support this" "I suggest you vist the NTI home page and purches the software" but any how install the program!

3rd. You will need the MPEG2 plug in for the NTI so get that however you got the program! and install it!

4th now go to the tools menu in NTI and select convert from avi to mpeg select your avi and select an out put and decide on vcd or svcd careful not to use the PAL version if you live in the USA!!!!!!

5th Click Start, and wait then use Nero to burn or just use NTI and enjoy your video!!!!!!!!!!

Agian your welcome
    BIGDADDY

13. Marcheon

Marcheon Guest

Stranger things have happened.
    When opening an AVI-file i saw the whole movie "upside down" playing it with the new DIVX-player 2.1. Ok, i thought, let's find a solution for this prob. As a Video-newbie i started looking for forums where this prob. was discussed. I ended up here.
    Hello you all!

After reading the diff. solutions i decided to open the file again (accidently) with WMP 9.x AND IT WAS NOT upside down anymore. Could the new version of divx-player have a bug that creates this problem??

Hopefully it will help finding the cause and solving this problem.

Marcheon

14. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

There is a magical plan B. I may have stated before, but for those in the cheap seats :

DON'T USE NERO FOR CONVERSION.

Now roll that up in your pipe and smoke it :)

Paul.

15. kyle737

kyle737 Guest

Marcheon here is the answer to your question download the SLD codec pack from Kazaa and install it, and your problem should be fixed, the deal with divix is not a bug just using the wrong codec were as wmp9 has the codec u need the g-4oo so try instaqlling this codec pack and tell me what works!!!

By the way Paul your a inconsidarte dumb as* and if you thought things out you find there is a anwer to fix the nero thing

16. loaded

One more outburst like that, and you will be history.

Paul. (btw, I am a moderator, so the only dumb ass is the one who did not think before he/she/it spoke)

17. kyle737

kyle737 Guest

Not an outburst just letting you know how i feel about some of your sarcastic remarks and the fact that the problem is so much easier to fix then messing with tmpeg, personaly i think that program sucks the big one it never gets the audio and video synch exact and it creats files ten times to big and if you lower the bit rate to shrink the file you might as well make a vcd!!!!!! I figure if your going to be the main shiznit of this page you should let people know some real info, Like dvdtosvcd software bundle and the instructions that are on cdfreaks site now that is some real help, buddy!!!! Or you can continue to turn your tv upside down and make shitty quality svcd's witch take 6 disks with tmpeg, but the rest of us are looking for real help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. kyle737

kyle737 Guest

Hehehehehe you dangerous, K time for bed buddy!! Or a little less beer this time!

19. loaded

Yes Kyle, I defer to your infinite wisdom and your impressive three consecutive, long winded, 'check this out dudes', 'big daddy in the house' type 'solutions' to the problem. I am sure everyone really enjoyed spending their time running through all that.

As for the Beer, well that is why it is illegal for minors to drink.

Paul.

20. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

<tick-tock, tick-tock> The clock marches inexoribly on. All good things come to those who wait. And all good things must eventually come to an end.

Kyle737, you will only be calling loaded an "inconsiderate dumb ass" for so long before you will be looking for another website to dispense your wisdom. But by all means, ramble on, son.....

<tick tock, tick tock.....>

-- A_Klingon --