1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Ultra 7 Question

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by MoneyPit6, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MoneyPit6

MoneyPit6 Member

binkie: OK I tried using DVD Flick. I loaded all 3 movie clips which totalled 87% of the capacity of my empty disk. It was working ok when I left it unatended, when I returned in about 90 minutes. It said the burn process was successful and all items along the left side had check marks beside BUT the disk was BLANK. What did I do wrong? This program seems so simple. Thanks :) Dave

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm in the burn tab in DVDFlick - check and make sure 'burn project to disc' is checked.
    I'd also try pryme_H suggestion and use Nero (burning rom or express) to burn the files output from DVDFlick.

4. MoneyPit6

MoneyPit6 Member

Binkie: Here's the proceedure I followd using DVD Flick. I loaded my clips (87%),Click the tab at the top that says: "Create DVD" then a screen pops up saying: "Are you sure you want to continue?) I clicked "Yes". There was no place to "make sure burn project to disk was checked"
    As for Pryme_H's suggestion. I have no clue what he's talking about. I have enough problems trying to use a single DVD burning program without trying to use a combination of two, which is what I think he's suggesting??? I think you 2 gentlemen are giving me credit for more knowlege about this stuff than I actually have. lol ..... Dave

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

[​IMG]
    It looks like you have successfully encoded the file(s) into DVD. Next, I recommend you scrutinize the ensuing files (VIDEO_TS folder) for any discrepancies before burning; that way you don't waste your media. And given that you already have Nero, use it to burn those DVD files. Please follow the guide I gave you. If you get stumped along the way, ask. We'll be here... :)

6. elcampion

elcampion Member

which is the best nero program?

7. binkie7

@elcampion
    Hunh? What are you trying to do? Best bet may be to start a new thread.

@MoneyPit6
    DVDFlick should have saved the video_ts folder to your hard drive.
    Open Nero SmartStart. Pick Express under application then Video/pictures>DVD-Video Files. Now add the video ts folder and burn.

Oh and btw I'm a lady :)

8. elcampion

elcampion Member

Im still on nero 6. Just wondering if it was worth updating to 7 or 8. I keep hearing people having problems with those two alot. I use 6 for movie backups,music,photo.

9. binkie7

I use all 3 versions (different pc's) and truthfully if you're happy w/ Nero 6 and not having any problems then stick w/ it.
    Nero 7 isn't that bad -no problems on my end - has a few more bells & whistles - like a profile for the iPod & PSP in Recode.
    Nero 7 and Nero 8 do better at dual layer burning then Nero 6 but I prefer ImgBurn for dual layer burning.

10. elcampion

elcampion Member

11. MoneyPit6

MoneyPit6 Member

Pryme_H. Thanks for your help. I tried as you suggested above but the DVD still turned out blank. The message was something like: "No blank media in drive, drawer open" There was a blank DVD and it was in the right drive. I don't know what you mean by your refference to: VIDEO TS FOLDER

12. MoneyPit6

MoneyPit6 Member

What does dual layer burning mean and do I need it to burn web clips to a DVD?

13. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

No. You don't need a DL disc for this project. Did you use Nero to burn? I know this sounds silly, but is the DVD drive tray close?

14. MoneyPit6

MoneyPit6 Member

I tried to burn my project with DVD Fick. I don't want to attempt to use Nero AND DVD Flick together, it's too confusing. Yes the cd drawer was closed :) This is getting VERY complicated. I'm close to ending this thread. :( Thanks tho :) Dave

15. MoneyPit6

MoneyPit6 Member

I'm sorry I'm not as smart as you people on this topic. Thanks for your time. :( Dave