1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Update Problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Moviehut, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Moviehut

Moviehut Member

Hi,

I recently installed Nero 7.5.7.0. when I went to Product setup it reported there are several updates available. However, my attempt to update the software failed. First, it uninstalled the whole software -- which it says is an important step for update. After that it restarted my computer but never went back to install the the software or the updates. Any idea why this may be happenning?

Thanks.

2. astgte

astgte Member

Thats just about the same problem i've got, hope you get some help, My post is below yours.

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

The help I would recomment is to not use the ProductSetup to do updates. When one is available, use the clean tool to remove the old version and then reinstall.

4. arbow5

arbow5 Member

I tried the clean tool, then install downloaded major update. During installation I get a message System was not modified installation wizard was interrupted. No other apps open, even stopped virus protection. I have to use clean tool again to reinstall the retail disc version I recently purchased. Nero support keeps telling me to use the clean tool and download update from website!?

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

If the software isn't installing correctly, something must be blocking it. Not necessarily a program, but a folder or file that wasn't deleted from a previous install. Rebooting during the install usually takes care of that part. Do a search for any Nero or Ahead folders and report what you find.

Some folks even go so far as to do a registry search for the same things, but I could not recommend you doing that.

And from your last post, you are not using the ProductSetup to update, correct? All you do is double click on the .exe file you downloaded.