1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero update???

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by reddwarf3, Apr 12, 2007.

1. reddwarf3

reddwarf3 Member

I have Nero 7, I have burned alot of dvd-r's with it, now all of a sudden I can't, I tryed dvd+r's, not really much luck there. Do I need to update to nero 7.8.5.0, will that resolve anything.
    Or is it a Nero issue at all???

HELP please....

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

If you can post a section of your Nero history log for a failed burn. It can be found here:

Program Files > Nero > Nero 7 > Core > NeroHistory

Have you tried reinstalling Nero? Uninstall and then run the Nero 7 Clean Tool before reinstalling.

Have you tried uninstalling your burner and letting the OS reinstall it upon restart?
    - right click on My Computer and select Properties
    - click the Hardware tab and then the Device Manager button.
    - expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
    - right click on either the Secondary IDE Channel or the primary, depending on which one hosts the DVD burner (usually the secondary, and select Uninstall.
    - click OK
    - restart

Have you tried going back to an earlier OS restore point when you know things worked OK?

3. reddwarf3

reddwarf3 Member

I'll try posting a Nero history tonight.

How do I run a Nero 7 Clean Tool, is that a separate software I need to download from somewhere?

I did try all the other stuff. Thank you for your response.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

5. reddwarf3

reddwarf3 Member

Well, I used the cleaning tools, then I updated my nero 7.0.0.0 to nero 7.5.8.0 and then I managed to burn a DVD succesfully, is that maybe a one off fluke, or do you think the problem is resolved. I will try burning more this weekend.

(You might also try creating an image file with your authoring software and then burning that with ImgBurn. If that works, you know the problem is likely Nero related and not your burner)

How do I create an image file, what is authoring software, and what is ImgBurn. I am so sorry for being ignorant, but believe me, you have no idea how much I appreciate all your help.

Thank you, thank you....

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello again.

Nero 7.0.0.0 was a terribly buggy version so that was likely a lot of the problem right there.

Authoring software for backing up DVDs would be, for example, Nero Recode, DVD Shrink, DVD Clone, etc. Almost all DVD software will have an image option. In Nero you select the Image Recorder as the target output device instead of the DVD burner/recorder. In DVD Shrink, you select ISO Image File as the target output. Nero's image files are called nrg image files because Nero uses the nrg file etension to identify them. Most other programs use the iso extension for image files, hence the term ISO image file.

ImgBurn is a burning program that began as DVD Decrypter and morphed into ImgBurn. It basically burns image files although it does have a Build mode that allows creating an ISO from a folder of DVD video files. Essentially you just open the program, ensure it's in Write mode, select the image file to be burned, set the write speed, and burn.

7. reddwarf3

reddwarf3 Member

Thank you for your reply. My friend has the same version of Nero as I do, and is haveing the same problems. I just e-mailed him and told him to use the cleaning tool and download the 7.8.5.0 demo, as I did, which seems to work for me. So if it works for him, then it is for sure the software.

We'll see how it goes, I'll get back here on Monday...