1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Used Read Buffer, and Drive Burning Speed

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mixwell, Jan 9, 2008.

1. mixwell

mixwell Guest

Two questions folks--1--I just installed a new LG burner drive in my desk PC, which works great and silently, but when I burn, the used read buffer reads 87% consistently and constantly--it used to fluctuate between 95 and 98% with my old Lite-On drive. Why? It does not seem to matter, as the first 10 burns tested perfectly.
    Question 2: My new LG drive, when using 16x DVDs, will only burn at 4,8, 12, and 16x--and I religiously used to burn at 2.4X, though 4X on my laptop seems to always work well--anyway, I always opt to burn more slowly than not. 8X always has a skip, etc. So far 4X has worked well, but CAN I burn at 2.4X? Can I set the drive? So far I've only seen the drive info through Nero--is there anyway to access a drive's info through the drive itself, NOT through Nero, or can I do it only through Nero or the burning program? Running Win 98, and Nero 5 (which works brilliantly for the last 6 years, and I ain't changing).
    Thanks folks.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I had that happen with a Ben-Q drive it wouldn't burn at 6x

check and make sure it has the most up to date firmware, that should help

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php