1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero VCD not playable on PC...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by moons47, May 21, 2002.

1. moons47

moons47 Guest

I have made several VCDs from Divx movies and music videos that work fine on DVD players but not on my computer's DVD-ROM drive. I figured it was because it was made before VCDs were widespread (or something). A friend of mine gave me a VCD and it was playable on PwerDVD unlike the ones i made. The ones i made could only be recognized my my burner also. Is there another program I could use to make VCDs, other than converting the AVIs to MPG then use Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum? I don;t have the time or HD space for that.

2. aliahmed

aliahmed Member

Moons47: This is not a answer, I just want to know how you made a VCD out of a DivX movie. I know this might be out of subject a little but please help. Tell Me what to do.

Thanks

3. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

moons47 make sure the vcd format is correct when encoding what are you using to encode?
    hummmmm vcd's have been around for awhile how fast is the cd rom ....

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Moons47:I also have Nero and my vcd's won't play on my computer. Well you can really. You just have to locate the .dat files containing the movie and play them on windows media player.

Aliahmed:If DivX is just a .avi file you could convert it to .mpg in video cd format with TMPGEnc which is downloadable from:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/tmpgenc.cfm

Hope this answers both of your questions.

5. DingDong

DingDong Guest

Have you downloaded a VCD player or Codec for your Windows media? I had the same probelem then I installed a VCD Player (ie."Quick-VCD Player V3.0" from www.download.com and all is well!

Hope this helps!
    Ding Dong

6. Jake

Jake Active member

Codec for MPEG-1. Heh he hee :)
    Try this codec: Fraunhofer video and audio codecs - allows DVD playback in WMP, Maybe you find this, without help.

If that dont help you, then try software DVD-Players..

7. Jake

Jake Active member

moons47, you need codec for playback. Try something demo DVD-Player..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2002