1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero video conversion from avi to svcd is corrupted

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ppeddi, Mar 10, 2004.

1. ppeddi

ppeddi Member

I converted the avi files that I generated from my video camera, and created an svcd using Nero. While creating the svcd, I edited some of the avi files by removing parts of the video, using Nero VisionExpress 2. After burning it using Nero, and when I viewed the video in my dvd player, I saw that the audio and video was not in synch. Audio was atleast a minute faster than the video. Also the video speed was varying from time to time. Its not smooth. Obviouosly my svcd is of no use now, since its completely corrupted.

Did anyone has such issues with Nero? Is Nero a good software while burning an SVCD.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

When it comes to Encodeing your AVI files to SVCD or VCD format Nero is One of the Worst Quality encoders ever created, the only advantage is that even a Monkey can figure out how to use it...Nero is OK For Burning VCD/SVCD Compliant Mpeg1/2 Files to CD-R but if you Let it encode your File to Mpeg1/2 format it will Totally screw it up...If you want to do it Properly then use a real Mpeg encoder to convert your AVI files to Mpeg1/2 VCD/SVCD Format and then you can use Nero to burn them to CD-R as long as it doesn"t re-encode them...(Vision Express will ALLWAYS Re-encode your Files even when just editing so NEVER use it)...Try something Like "Tmpgenc" or "MainConcept Encoder" to encode your AVI files to VCD/SVCD Format and then Burn them to CD-R with Nero....Cheers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004