1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero vision 3 help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lileyore, Feb 7, 2005.

1. lileyore

lileyore Member

When ever I open my mpeg files it says my project is to big to burn. Im using a Sony DVD-R disc that holds 4.7 GB and the files together only adds up to 737.4 MB. So that doesn't even come close to filling up my disc. I tryed searching on here for any answers but I have no luck. Is it settings if so I don't know where to go to fix the settings. What else could it be? Am I suppose to make the file smaller or what? If so what do I use? Thanx in advance!

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Have you looked here (?) :
    http://www.nero.com/en/NeroVision_Express_3.html

And also , what are trying to get Nero to do ... burn as data or a playable DVD format ? [if so to the last question , Nero will need to encode the 700+mb file & the output will be somewhere around 4.36 Gb ... that's what normally happens].

MPEG files are either VCD or SVCD & check the guides section here on aD for VCD/SVCD to DVD-R.
    And likewise for .avi to DVD-R

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  3. lileyore

lileyore Member

Alright, thanx for the help.

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

lileyore,

divx and other avi/mpeg2 files are often much larger when encoded to dvd standards. So it wouldn't be surprising if a file that size expanded to something more than 4.3 GB [bold]at default quality settings for dvd video[/bold]. But you are not limited to default settings. NVE 3 gives you a lot of custom settings.

Near the end of the process of creating a movie with NVE 3 are dialogs entitled "Content -- Create and Arrange Titles for Your Project" and "Select Menu". At the bottom of these dialogs is a graphic line showing how much space your movie will take in relation to the size of a dvd (a dotted red line just beyond 4 GB showing the limit). While on these screens, select the "More" button, select "Video Options," and then the tab that says "DVD Video." This takes you to a dialog where you can customize the "transcoding quality." If your movie is too big, you will have to play with these settings. There are two things you can do to make the output smaller: select a lower bitrate (which will reduce quality), and/or a lower resolution. I'm just guessing here, but I'll bet one reason why your source file gets so big is that it was encoded to a lower screen resolution, say 352x480, and Nero defaults to encoding at the normal dvd setting (for NTSC) of 720x480. So you might try a lower screen resolution.