1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision 4 asking for a Larger Disk ????

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by richkaos, Mar 16, 2007.

1. richkaos

richkaos Member

Hi

Please can someone shed some light on this odd problem i am having with nero vision 4
    Scenario: i have a 700mb AVI movie and im useing vision 4 to convert it onto dvd to play in a set top player.
    I have set the quality to Auto fit but after its finished transcoding it tells me that the destiantion disk is too small and that i should insert another.
    Also tried altering the quality via the custom setting and making it just over 4gb but it still says its too large.
    I just dont get it, anyone else had this problem

Thanks In advance

Richard

2. quinnie

quinnie Member

Hi,

I am having the same problem - it is getting worse it seems too, and how frustrating is it after waiting for nearly 2 hours and then it fails.

anyway, rant over, i found if you burn to your harddrive as apposed to the dvd and then use nero burning rom to make the dvd out of it, this works! you may need dvd shrink if it makes it into a +4.7gb directory.

anyway, i dont have that luxury at the minute, i only have 7gb left and it is asking for 8gb - a canundrum it is. anyone know the location of the cached files which are waiting to be burnt to dvd?

cheers

steve

3. richkaos

richkaos Member

Yeah I managed to get round this by doing as you said..record to HD first and then i used Nero's Recode DVD video app that also does the same as dvd shrink.
    But to be honest I did quite like the one step process you should be able to acheive with Nero Vision 4. Did once sucsesfuly with Cars but thats it, ever since its been a problem.
    Maybe Nero will bring out an update/fix