1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision 4 dropping segments of video when encoding

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by MHguitar, Mar 7, 2007.

1. MHguitar

MHguitar Member

I have 4 VOBs that I am linking together(ripped from DVD Dycrypter) in Nero Vison 4 and am setting it export a 320x240 (for handheld mp3/video player) to create a smaller mpeg-1. For some reason, when it encodes and exports, a chunk of the video in the middle of one of the VOBs does not encode. I checked the source file and its in there and plays fine - It just never makes it to the mpeg-1 file. Can anyone think of what could be causing this, or is there a setting I should change(I don't care if it takes a bit longer to encode).

I am so down on Nero products as of late, as they don't seem to even do the basics well anymore

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Have you looked at Nero Recode? I will convert video into digital media you can use on an iPod for instance. Maybe you could make your movie normally in NV4 and then use Recode to convert it.

If you already have the movie, you may be able to skip NV4.

Otherwise, I don't know why some of the video is not encoding properly unless there is something wrong with it. Anything special about that section as far as action scenes or brightness?

3. MHguitar

MHguitar Member

I have Nero Recode but it looks like it is limited in its formats to only DVD and Mpeg-4(Nero Digital) - My portable can't play mpeg-4 so I would have to do another step to convert that.

I just ran Nero Vision again and it skipped the same part again. I have come to the conlusion