1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision 4 (nero 7 ultra)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by kildaho, Dec 9, 2007.

1. kildaho

kildaho Guest

I've been looking into this for a long time and haven't been able to correct or even extrapilate this hassle I'm getting burning dvd's;
    I have at times had no problems transcoding movies that are 850,000kb in size to dvd, I am setting up for example Bourne Identity which is 650000 to 715000 in size and there's a hassle with the message saying that the file is too big to burn the compilation to the disk,I've burnt AI which is over 1GB in AVI form and burnt that with no trouble whatsoever,but it will not complete the smaller file to disk. At this point I've given up trying to get the thing burnt because it's pointless to try (I've tried it over 30 times),even with a smaller size I could find elsewhere. What's the hassle? I can burn 1GB movies to 4.37GB but not the 715000kb,it makes no sense to me. Any possible reasons for this and/or solutions would be appreciated. Kildaho

2. attar

attar Senior member

As I understand it, an action movie compresses less than a talky one.
    The number of changing movements in a scene determine the size of the file.
    When it is being converted back to DVD, either the the size of the disk has to expand or the quality has to be degraded.
    Using DVD Shrink on the oversized file (Nero would be reset for a DL disk output to the hard drive) would work.
    I think the same scenario is sometimes seen in DVD Shrink where a DVD won't shrink enough to fit on a DVD-5 and has to have the output run through a second time.