1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision 4 & Vista Windows Media Center Recorded TV Files

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by timbok, Feb 25, 2007.

1. timbok

timbok Member

Nero Vision 4 in Nero 7 Ultra Edition will not recognize recorded TV files from Vista Windows Media Center.
    When adding media files the recorded TV files are not recognized.
    When I add them using "any file format" the file will sometimes load without audio. Also the burn to DVD function will not work in Media Center when using Nero.
    I get around this by opening the file in Windows Movie Maker and publishing it as a DV-AVI (NTSC) file but would really like to skip that step.

I was able to do this using Nero 6 & Windows Media Center 2005. I built a new computer with Vista and Nero 7 and now my old ways do not work.

Any ideas?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Vista has changed some of the DRM requirements. Possibly you might look at your files and see if the properties show any type of owner rights.

What capture card are you using? I was looking for one and noticed a comment at the bottom of the page that said the recorded files were not compatible with DVD burning. It was one of the Hauppauge cards, but I can't remember which one right now (maybe HVR-1600).

Did you load the Nero Version of Windows Media Center?

What is the extension on the file?

3. timbok

timbok Member

No owner rights on the files.
    I am using the Hauppauge model 01042: WinTV-PVR-150 MCE board. This is the same board I used with MC 2005 and tha last version of Nero.
    I loaded the plugins and still get no audo.
    The file extension is .dvr-ms

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I will check and see if I can find anything about the file type. You might try downloading GSpot and letting it look at the file and see if you need a codec to play the audio.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Well, it looks to me like you will need something to convert the files. You can Google for that file type and see explanations. Some folks may know of a good converter, but I only know what I found in Google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVR-MS

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  5. timbok

timbok Member

thanks, i used Gspot and the video codec shows up but there is no information for the audio codec

this is strange the file will play in nero showtime but is not recognized in nero vision 4

for now i will convert usning win movie maker but if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know

thanks again!

6. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member