1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision 5 Question

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by DBeLL84, Dec 16, 2007.

1. DBeLL84

DBeLL84 Member

First off, I'm new and not sure if my problem would belong here, but since it's ragarding Nero I thought I would post it here. If it belongs else where, please move it.

Okay now.

I have Nero 8 and use Nero Vision 5 to make home DVDs for family and friends. Now, I just started using Nero 8 last week and it's been working great. A friend had transfered her old VHS home clips onto her PC and now wanting me to put them on DVD for her. I said sure. The files are .avi, but not sure if that's the original format or whatever. When I try loading them into Nero Vision 5 the entire program will close out, and I have to relaunch it.. and it does the same thing. Other clips work, just a select few won't load.

Is there a way I can check to see why the clips won't load or somehow reencode the clips with another program? The clips will play in VLC media player, just won't load in Nero.

Any help would be appreaciated.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi DBeLL84
    Welcome to aD

I've had the same problem with a couple of avi's in Vision - I go to add them then Vision just shuts down. My guess is it's something w/ the file itself Vision doesn't like.
    I haven't figured out why but really didn't spend that much time looking into it.
    Instead I just use another program usually ConvertXtoDVD. Not free - has a trial but leaves a watermark.

Here's a free one to try -DVDFlick

Give that a go and let's us if it did the trick.

3. DBeLL84

DBeLL84 Member

Thanks for the info about DVDFlick. I downloaded it and the clips load fine with it. Going to pick up more media tomorrow and get the DVDs made. :D

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a problem DBeLL84
    Happy Burning!