1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision burned Subtitles and Scenes WAY too fast...

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Machi16, May 7, 2007.

1. Machi16

Machi16 Member

Hello all. I am new to this site as I came across this site in search for an answer to my problem which I have been having a difficult time finding an answer. So hopefully someone can help me out here.

First off, I don't know that much about burning and files and what not so I don't know if the information I give you will be enough to know how to resolve the problem.

I downloaded some anime episodes off the internet which has been fan subbed. It is a Video Clip and each file is about 200 MB and is around 30 min long. Bit Rate is 128kbps, MPEG Layer-3, 119 frames/second, 126kbps data rate, and the video compression is FFDS. Some of those which I don't know much of. I used Nero Vision 2.0.0.4 to burn the anime onto a DVD-R DVD. I created a Menu and Chapters and everything. But when I played back the burned DVD which has 3 episodes on it, the subtitles and the scenes went by unusually fast. So the opening song which began at the beginning was still playing when the actual episode started. When I watched the original fan subbed episodes before being burned to the DVD on the comp it worked fine. It's just when I try to burn it onto a DVD so that it can be playable on DVD players that's where I encounter the problem with the fast subs and scenes. It's weird cuz it doesnt do that prior to it being burned; if I just open the original episode saved on my comp.

I'm not sure why it is doing this. Is it because Nero Vision is making the subs and the scenes to go too fast when it finished burning? Or does the problem lie within whoever inputted the subs?

Thankyou for your time and hopefully someone can help me out ^__^

2. attar

attar Senior member

I can't see this as being correct, perhaps 23.976 or 24 or 29.97 but not 119.
    I don't know anything about what Anime should be, but you could change that rate in VirtualDub.
    Video > Frame rate.
    Then recompress the video but leave the audio as direct stream copy.