1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Disappears (whilst on the job!!)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by finchys, May 27, 2007.

1. finchys

finchys Member

Using Nero Vision 4.9.5.7 to make a DVD of two AVI files. Everything goes fine (create chapters, trial etc) and then commence burn to hard drive where it starts transcoding but after about 30mins it just stops and disappears from the task bar. No error logs or anything!!

Also tried just burning one of the AVI files but Vision does the same thing and disappears after 30mins.

There is plenty of hard drive space + all the latest firmware installed etc.

I have just burnt 3 similar projects (2 AVI files to DVD) with no problems.

Any ideas?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

could it be a corrupt AVI file? who knows.... need to see the Nero Log... without that we can only guess.

3. finchys

finchys Member

With Nero not generating a log file I guess we are up the proverbial creek!!

I've tried a couple of things. Ran AVI file through GSpot which shows Codec as xVid ISO MPEG-4.

I then used DivX to DVD converter which has worked but the quality is not so good. During the conversion a couple of warnings were generated as follows:

MSG Level #0 - Error, header damaged or not MPEG4 header (qscale=0)

A couple frame errors:
    Frame #53426: decoder exception [Invalid floating point operation]. Discarding the packet

Not sure what this means but I guess I'll just have to accept the AVI files are suitable for Nero.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

or you can try ConvertXToDVD.... it's a newer version of DivXToDVD.... you can try it out and see if it does better... but it will leave a watermark logo on the output.... until you buy the program.... but at least you can try it out!