1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.18 with SMCPatch Problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by eltonjr, May 3, 2005.

1. eltonjr

eltonjr Member

Hello folks..
    I am having problems with Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.18 using the SMC Patch. My problem is as follows:

I go to add an AVI video file to Nero Vision Express, then click on Create Chapters. Then, the video screen comes up where you'd normally create the chapters in and you can preview the AVI video as well, however the video (and all videos on my computer) come up with a green background, yet the sidebar which shows the video and its details has the beginning picture of the video itself.

Any workaround for this problem?

2. bugbaby

bugbaby Guest

yea, same problem, nero really screwed up on this one and the patch they released isn't doing any good. i've always loved nero but now i'm getting sorta mad............

3. eltonjr

eltonjr Member

Yes, it < Was > a very nice program to use, but I wish I could just get it going.

Has anyone else come across this problem, and has anyone found a solution? Any other comparable and PROMISING DVD Authoring software titles to use in its place? All I need it to do is 1) Open an AVI, 2) Add Chapters, 3) Create a Title Screen, 4) Auto-Play(would be desired), and that it WORKS!

4. Ratae

Ratae Guest

I'm having similar problems with trying to add mpg's in the "add video files" part of NVE3 (latest 3.1.0.0version)..even mpg's that Nero itself has created!..No error messages as such, just a box with a red cross and the message "Unable to insert xxxxx.mpg" - no reasons, it just inserts the audio part of the movie.Have applied the SMCPatch to no avail....all this in spite of Nero working almost flawlessly for a long time.pleaseeeeeee someone, can you help?

5. eltonjr

eltonjr Member

Can't say I've had that problem personally, but literally still can't see the video content when attempting to create Chapters!

C'mon, there has to be more people out there with the same/similar issue.

Kelly

6. ZipZap110

ZipZap110 Member

I like RATAE have the problem with the new 3.1.0.0. I have discovered (by accident) a way around the problem. Believe it or not, by renaming the direcory where I keep my mpg, before I 'add in a video' works. Note: I did not have this problem before 3.1.0.0 and did not apply any smcpatch (whatever that is).
    .../Zip

7. Firetruck

Firetruck Member

Ratae:

When the browser box comes up, click on the .mpg that you want to insert. After it shows up in the small box below, just move your cursor into that box with the .mpg filename and left click one time, just to activate the cursor in the box.
    Now hit the button to add that .mpg and it should go in.

If this does not solve your problem, you may have a remnant of the Joliet naming system. If you have two or more .mpg files that have the same first number of characters the same, such as "mymovie_01.mpg" and "mymovie_02.mpg", try renaming the file that you want to a completely different name, such as "test.mpg" and see if you problem goes away.

I've had so many problems with NERO that I am ready to dump it and to tell my clients to get rid of it too. I've got at least 15 very ticked off clients who are having major problems with the newest NERO software.

8. eltonjr

eltonjr Member

So I wondering here peeps...am I using the wrong Nero Version? It says that for all of my avi videos now that MPEG-4 Decoding is not available and that I need the Nero Ultra edition or "the web version) that has this MPEG-4 ability.

Anyone know which they're referring to? I'm confused. The one I'm using for Nero Vision express now is version 3.1.0.7. The thing (from what I can tell) still shuts down on me, and also still has that Green editing window when I go to add in chapters. I think this has something to do with the MPEG-4 abilities of nero and that I must just not have something to fully utilize it.

Any ideas?