1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express 3 Driving me Nuts!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jfein480, Feb 5, 2005.

1. jfein480

jfein480 Guest

I have seen similar posts - forgive me for being a real novice here...I am trying to burn video (mpg) files to a dvd - I am using Nero 6.6 with Vision Express 3 - I add the video files, chapters, menus etc. Get through the entire burning process up to about 100% and then I get a "burn failed" type error that the disc could not be finalized - these coasters are getting expensive. I can copy DVD's ok using Apollo DVD copy that some one gave me - but that doesn't help me with burning files on my hard drive to DVD - these include video (mpg) files that I have downloaded from my Replay TV to my computer for burning - PLEASE HELP!!

2. jfein480

jfein480 Guest

Here is the last bit of a log file I saved for more info...Thanks.

[00:58:31] NeroAPI Finalizing disc started
    [01:10:43] NeroAPI Command sequence error
    [01:10:43] NeroAPI Finalizing the disc failed
    [01:10:47] NeroAPI Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine BEGIN: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - EndDiscAccess
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine ...flags=0
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine **BEGIN: _MediaAccess::Release ()
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine ****BEGIN: _MediaAccess::~_MediaAccess ()
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine ****END: _MediaAccess::~_MediaAccess ()
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine **END: _MediaAccess::Release ()
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - EndDiscAccess
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine BEGIN: DVDSessionBase - RegisterCallback
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine ...Session callback unregistered...
    [01:10:47] DVDEngine END: DVDSessionBase - RegisterCallback
    [01:10:47] GCHW Node added: Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer
    [01:12:37] GCHW Node removed: Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try burn to HD first. If everything checks out fine, then burn to a RW to make sure.

4. jasonhlv

jasonhlv Member

I encountered the same problem, the solution worked. Thanks...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  5. MrCoffee

MrCoffee Member

I am having the same problem. I burn to the HD first, then burn to an RW disk, however, the disc becomes unrecognizable, and therefore unusable. How many times can you use a RW DVD? I only use Sony or Maxell.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You guys wanna use a proper encoder instead of relying on Nero rubbish [don't get me wrong I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition ... well mainly just 'Burning Rom' really].
    If you're MPEG has AC3 audio (which it probably wont but if it has) then I suggest using DVD2SVCD as encoder [utilising CCE].
    If it's purely just a matter of time then I use MainConcept MPEG encoder [does all avi/mpg/divx/xvid etc] ... its fairly rapid : )

Anyway , as I say ... Nero has never been a good encoder & I personally wouldn't waste my time on it.

7. 1433z

1433z Guest

For herbsman,

I found your comments very interesting. I too, am trying to burn to Hard
    Disk first, then edit and re-burn…………………….I can’t even get too hard
    disk first! Would it be at all possible, if you have this capability, to give us
    rookies out here, a step-by-step account plus; and what is most important, exactly what software you are using. I realize that I am asking an awful lot here of both your time and resources but I feel that if you would grant this request, first you would only have to do it once, and second the help given to us new folks would be very much appreciated. Problems as well as money are being wasted
    on nonsense that either does not work or is for professionals only.

I am sure that there are many on this list having the same problems or perhaps new people just joining with the same issues. Stumbling around in the dark is not that much fun, would you consider turning on the light for us?

Bill

8. mfalcon

mfalcon Member

I spent several hours the other night trying to burn a simple DVD slideshow with stills and small video clips (approx .5gb in size), with transistions and just a few text overlays. During the 'transcoding' process, it locks up when it hits the first video. I tried removing it, then it locks up on th next one. I tried buring to HD, to image to DVD, all failed. The clock keeps ticking but nothing gets completed.

Any clues as to what's happening or a suggestion for another basic package that WORKS?
    Thanks,
    /\/\att

-- Nero Vision Express 3 --

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005