1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express 3 How Do I Set Up The Capture Settings

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by frank2bee, Jul 8, 2005.

1. frank2bee

frank2bee Member

Hi
    I am having Mucho Problems setting up the DVD Capture Mode In My Nero Vision Express 3.
    I have a Aver Stereo TV Video Capture Card.
    First to Set up The Tuner It ask's to Select the "Country Code"
    The Codes are listed as Numbers. I have not been able to find out any information on how to determine what the numbers mean and which number to choose for the United States.I contacted Nero Support on this item as well as the Tuner setup problem & got no answer on the Country Code but they refered me to the Tuner support information Page.
    I Know that this combo Works as I am also Using Magix Movie Delux 2 & it works very well only I would like to use the Menu Features in Nero that are not in the Magix Program.

I have a Sony DVD 710A Burner. I purchased nero Version 6 and I have Downloaded the Latest updates from Nero.
    Also when using The Video Capture Card's Analog inputs and not the Tuner I get Bad B&W Video in the Capture Window.
    Also if I try to Import a MPEG 2 file into Nero I get a color Video with a Ghost like Foldover Image on the Left Side of the Video.
    I have the latest know drivers for all of my hardware.
    Running a Intel P4 Celeron at 2 Gig With Win XP Service Pack 2

Thanks in advance.
    frank2bee

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

From
    http://hometheater.about.com/cs/dvdlaserdisc/a/aaregioncodesa.htm

"The DVD world is basically divided into six regions. To keep it simple, this means that DVD players and DVDs are labeled for operation on within a specific geographical region in the world. For example, the U.S. is in region 1. This means that all DVD players sold in the U.S. are made to region 1 specifications. As a result, region 1 players can only play region 1 discs. That's right, the DVDs themselves are encoded for a specific region. On the back of each DVD package, you will a find a region number (1 thru 6).

The geographical regions are as follows:

REGION 1 -- USA, Canada
    REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
    REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
    REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
    REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
    REGION 6 -- China
    REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.

The end result is that DVDs encoded for regions other than Region 1 cannot be played on a region 1 DVD player, also, players marketed for other regions cannot play region 1-stamped DVDs."

Try to get the correct region set in your capture device and try it again. I don't know if the problems you are having are because of that but it would be a good place to start.

What is the source of your video?

3. frank2bee

frank2bee Member

Hi
    Capture card is AVER TV Stereo Desktop TV Personal Video Recorder

I Use Standard Cable for the Tuner Channles 2 through 99
    Card also Has SVHS input Used for DVD Input and
    Standard analog Video input which I use for VCR input.
    Audio for the Analog inputs is input on Soundcard Input
    Tuner Audio input through Aux input internaly.
    Motherboard is a Matsonic 9317E+USB
    Video is on the Mother Board
    Sound is on the Motherboard
    Processor is Intel P4 Celeron 2 Gig
    Memory is 512 MB
    Op System is Win XP Service Pack 2

Thanks in advance

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That looks right to me. Try it with the correct region code and see if it works. You may want to head over to the Video Capturing forum where you can get some help from the experts on the subject:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/79

5. frank2bee

frank2bee Member

Hi
    Also I forgot to Mention that the Settings I am Having a Problem With are in the Nero TV Tuner setup.

What I See in the "Video Device " Configure Button "Device Configuration Country Region Selection" Menu is many numbers and they start out as shown Below:

[376]
    [1]
    [1]
    [297]
    [247]
    [672]
    [1]
    [1]
    [1]
    [501]
    [1]
    [975]
    [58]
    [591]
    [1]
    [855]
    [2]
    [238]
    [1]
    [56]
    [672]

And so On

so as you can see there are many occurances of the number 1 after other numbers.

Its really confusing as Nero has no explanation of what they mean.
    or how to pick the correct number.

Also the other inputs are effected by this setup.
    This probally means that it is the "Conexant Capture" Device that these settings are for.

I also note that the video is bad in my other video capture prograMS AFTER starting Nero untill I shut down and reboot the computer then the other program works fine.