1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express 3014 Will not burn imported DVD files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by S_Scumbag, Dec 21, 2004.

1. S_Scumbag

S_Scumbag Member

Hi All: Newbie Here ...

Anyway, I am trying Nero Vision Express 3 and when I try to make a new DVD Video out of existing VOB files on my HDD, everything works perfectly until I go to burn it. Burning fails each and every time whether the HDD, disk image, or burn to disk is chosen as the destination.

The message states that the "Burn process failed" and asks if I want to save the log file. The end of the log file states that the DVDEngine Crashed.

However, if I do this with MPG files or AVI etc., it burns fine.

Any ideas?

TIA!

2. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Nero Vision Express is for re-encoding .avi, .mpg, ect

To burn vob files just use Nero Burning Rom

3. S_Scumbag

S_Scumbag Member

So you are saying that I cannot taking existing VOB files, add menus, and burn? Why does it open the VOB files then?

What good is NVE then? Considering that it converts your VOB to MPG BEFORE it tries to encode?

Thanks for the post, but it really is not logical, nor does it provide a solution. Sorry to be honest :)

Any helpful posts out there?

4. 3do

3do Member

Yes you can mate, i use direct Vob files with nero vision express 3 and had no problems, but you do need to make sure there dvd compliant, update to the latest Vision Express 3 and this should solve your problem

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005