1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express conflict with InterVideo DVD Copy 2

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by terrytj, Oct 31, 2004.

1. terrytj

terrytj Member

I have InterVideo DVDCopy 2 and WinDVD 6 (both Platinum) and Nero 6 Suite. For the first time I tried to burn some .avi files to a DVD using Nero Vision Express 2.

When I tried to add the .avi files I got an error message: "The instruction at "0x00615a12" referenced memory at "0x01233c88". The memory could not be "read"."

I 'googled' the error message and got one hit; a post on a forum reporting the same problem. There were no replies so I emailed the person and he advised me to uninstall any InterVideo programs on my system.

I uninstalled WinDVD6; ran Vision Express but got the same error message. I then uninstalled DVDCopy 2, ran Vision Express and, Hey Presto!, it worked!!! I re-installed WinDVD6 just to see if DVDCopy2 only was the culprit but got the error message so I uninstalled WinDVD...and Vision Express works.

I am running Windows XP Pro with SP2 installed (after the drive was formatted and Win XP Pro reloaded) on a modern system.

[Edit: After posting, heard about 'Nero 6 Reloaded', downloaded and installed it with Vision Express 3, it didn't fix the problem.]

Does anyone know of this apparent conflict and how I can overcome it so I can use all 3 programs? I bought all 3 and they weren't cheap.

If there's no solution I guess logic dictates I keep DVDCopy2 & WinDVD6 and discard Nero Vision Express [bold]IF[/bold] I could find another program as good or better than Nero Vision Express. I'm not that cluey on these things and would really appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks.

(I read quite a few pages on this forum but couldn't see my problem mentioned).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  2. jerdog

jerdog Member

Hey there, Nero reloaded, especially nerovision express 3 is one of the premier if not the best avi 2 dvd compliant software available. I've turned many a avi files into dvds without any problems using not only nerovision 3 but the previous versions as well. Early on when I started viewing avi files and dvds I found that Intervideo was a huge computer resource hog, always loaded very slowly and to be quite honest didn't have that great of a picture. I've always used clonedvd to compress dvd9 films into a single layer format also with anydvd running in the back ground. 99.9% of the time without errors. The errors I have incurred usually were due to a very poor copy of a dvd as an origninal source.

I usually use power DVD to view dvds on my PC. The picture is just as good as WinDVD and is not such a resource hog.

But like I said there really isn't a better prepackaged avi 2 dvd software than nerovision express v.3. It's very uncomplicated and user friendly.

I hope this answers some of your questions but really it's up to each individual user as far as what works for them. I've found the above mentioned software the most reliable and user friendly.

Best regards

3. terrytj

terrytj Member

Hi jerdog, thank you for replying in detail.

Ok, I've got Cyberlink PowerDVD 5 Deluxe, it will replace WinDVD. That was easy.

Now for DVDClone 2. I know I can download and trial it before buying but would still appreciate some advice if you are able.

Before I bought InterVideo DVDCopy 2 I had used 1Click DVD Copy and DVD Cloner II and I found 1Click DVD Copy the better of the two programs. From what you know or have heard, would you rate CloneDVD 2 better than 1Click DVD Copy?

I like Nero Vision Express, it was so easy to use and produced what I thought were good results (but as a newbie I wouldn't argue the merits or otherwise of other similar programs available).

Thanks again.

4. jerdog

jerdog Member

Hands down clonedvd v.2 is the most user friendly and efficient program to back up your dvds. I would suggest downloading their trial version which has a 21 day period. It will actually tell you before you burn what percentage of quality you will recieve when it backs it up. You should try and stay at 60% or above for quality. CloneDVD V.2 will also allow you to strip out un-wanted extras like trailers, bonus features, extra audio tracks or different languages. By stripping out or unchecking these types of not needed features this will improve your quality as well.

Best regards

5. terrytj

terrytj Member

Thanks for that advice jerdog. Have downloaded CloneDVD and will trial it as soon as and let you know how it works for me. I'll remember the 60% or better. Regards Terry