1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero vision express trouble please help me

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by JJLodge, Dec 18, 2004.

1. JJLodge

JJLodge Member

i did a system format yesterday and before that nero was supurb no trouble.

No i have reinstalled it onto my hard drive and now i do not have the option to make DVD it has disapeader, the make CD is there.

i had this trouble a long time ago but realised that my dvd drive was setup wrong but then i did not have the dvd option in nero startsmart i only had cd options, but i now have both dvd and cd so i dont understand why its not showing in nero vision express it iwll let me use bruning rom to copy the video_ts folder but obviously i am iunable to create this.

*is there anyway this can be fixed please

Many thanks JAmes

2. JJLodge

JJLodge Member

ok i have sorted that little problem, ut fixing that one has caused another lol

i am able to add mpeg files to be encoded into a video_ts folder but not .avi's ? it says something about MPEG 4 ?

any ideas

James

3. towell

towell Member

Sorry I dont really understand you full question but here goes!

First of all, check that the IDE cable etc are all connected correctly! make sure it has power to the drive by pressing the 'eject' buttion.

The problem could be that you havn't got your drives set up correctly with the Pins on the back of the writer. Every writer has little jumpers on the back then need to be set up with 'Master' and 'Slave'. It could be that when installing your new DVD drive you didn't change it to a Slave so there conflicting with each other cos there on the same setting!
    Also, another posability is it could be that they need to be on the same or seperate IDE cable, this can cause some problems!

You may just need to go into your BIOS and detect your DVD drive. You can do this by pressing the 'DEL' key at the boot (POST) screen.

Also using Nero's Speed test software can help detect the drive!

Hope this info's helpful! let me know!

4. JJLodge

JJLodge Member

I and thanks for your help. To be honest im not sure if it helped or not lol

the only bit i couldnt do was the del on start up ? nothing seemed to heppen when i pressed del.

I sort of have it working but i still get a MPEG 4 codec/addon pop up apear when i try to convert certian file extensions into a video_ts that i dint have before

many thanks for the reply James

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Are you using NeroVision Express 3 to add the AVI file to convert to a Video_TS folder on your hard drive?

If you are, what version do you have?

Do you have a Retail version, or an OEM version you purchased with your recorder?

And what is the 'exact' error message when you attempt to add the AVI file?

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA
    (Still on Vacation)

6. JJLodge

JJLodge Member

HI

its the latest from nero's website 6.6.0.3 i think and yes it is nero vision express 3.

The message says that i need a MPEG 4 addon

this has also changed my dvd writing speed to 2x and not 4x even though i am using 4x and 8x dvd's

This is weird huh :)

many thanks for all your efforts in trying to help

James