1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by MeganB, Feb 19, 2007.

1. MeganB

MeganB Member

OK - admittedly I'm not very computer savvy.

I recently transferred some home movies from VHS tape to DVD using a VHS to DVD recorder.

Next, I've transferred those movies from the DVD and put them on the hard drive of my computer.

When I open Nero Vision I can see the video, problem is that I have NO audio within NeroVision. I do have the audio if I play the movies through WMP or other type of player, but can not get the audio to show up within NERO. What gives? This is getting really frustrating!

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

Do you mean there is no sound when you try to playback the video in the Preview Window after the Menu section of Nerovision?

3. MeganB

MeganB Member

Yes - that's correct. The sound is turned up on my computer, because I can hear the audio when I use a player such as windows media. I can see the video, but I don't hear sound.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Maybe your Nerovision is corrupted/buggy. You should hear sound if sound is combined with the video which it likely is since other apps play it OK.

Have you tried going ahead and burning and then seeing if there's sound when playing back?

What specific version of Nero are you using?

5. vtowner

vtowner Regular member

I've used NeroVision Express 4 and theres no sound when I play it back. Guess it's just the way they made it.

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

7. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

RE: vtowner

Try as the other guy mentioned and see what happens. But you don't need to waste a DVD to try. Just burn to hard drive and open in PC DVD Player like InterVideo WinDVD (open DVD from folder, the VIDEO_TS folder) If it works, burn to disc aas usual, Burning ROM or Express

8. MeganB

MeganB Member

Thanks for all the help, unfortunatly I still have no sound. I'm running NVE 3. Also tried the codecs and it doesn't seem to have helped. I did burn to a disc and the disc also had no sound. Any other ideas?

9. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Do you have ant means of capturing directly to PC? if so capture as MPG2 then edit with NeroVision as usual. Works for me.

10. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Where in the NeroVision 4 can I adjust volume output for just a section of a file? Also, can the audio be sepperated to edit in Adobe Audition (to adjust clipping and EQ) then put back together to creat with Nero?

11. MeganB

MeganB Member

I can't capture directly to the PC since I'm pulling the video from old VHS tapes.

In a fit of frustration, I finally tried just re-dumping from my disc to the hard drive and when it finished Nero came up with a helpful little bit of information. I got the following message:

"Dolby Digital 2-channel decoding is not available".

Nero then pointed me to their website where I can purchase the plug-in for $24.99. That's just a silly amount of money for a plug-in, and they don't even guarentee it will work.

I need this: MPEG-2/DVD Encoding/Decoding plug-in

Is there anyway to find something like this that might work that I don't have to purchase from Nero, or do you think it might be something that's exclusive to Nero?

12. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

@MeganB

The plugins come with retail versions so I assume the version of Nero you're using might be a lite or OEM version that came with your burner or system. Look at the Nero disk. Does it say OEM suite.

13. MeganB

MeganB Member

Yes - I am using a version of Nero that came with a lite-on CD drive/burner. I guess that they just don't give you all the plug-ins you need to actually make full use out of the software? That's really frustrating - if I can't get their free-version product to work why would I pay money to buy the full edition?

Sounds like I need to just go ahead and purchase version 7, will that work okay with Windows XP? I'm not running Vista yet, nor do I have any desire to.

Also - someone I work with suggested running this update...
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/nero-vision-express.html

Anyone out there think this might contain what I need? I'm planning on trying tonight but right now I'm at work, pounding my head against the wall.

Thanks a bunch for all the help!

14. Fwfireman

Fwfireman Member

MeganB...

That patch is for Nero6, NeroVision Express 3.1.025. I didn't see what version you got with your burner.

Nero7 works with XP with a couple bugs for me...nothing major. I bought the Nero7 Ultra ENHANCED version....this one comes with all the plug-ins they offer as extras.

1] DVV-Video Multichannel
    2] DVD-Video
    3] Multi Channel (Dolby Digital)

You can upgrade from Nero6 if I am not mistaken.

15. MeganB

MeganB Member

The software that came with the Lite-on burner is Nero Express 6.6 with Nero Vision Express 3, Nero BackItUp, and MPEG-2 SVCD/DVD Plug-In (which I'm guessing must be different than the MPEG-2/DVD Encoding/Decoding plug-in since it won't work?

FYI - I just tried installing the update I mentioned above in my earlier post and that hasn't helped either.

I'm thinking I'll take my version 6 off and install the Version 7 trial tonight. If the trial version does what I want, than I'll go ahead and actually purchase version 7.

16. Fwfireman

Fwfireman Member

Sounds good MeganB. Best of luck.

You might double check there at Nero's site. You may have to get their "Cleaning Tools" and run them to completely remove Nero6.

I wouldn't until you tried "7". Then if there are problems.. run the tools, to clean anything NERO out and reinstall the Trial version.

Good Luck.

17. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

18. MeganB

MeganB Member

Okay - here's another thought I had. I mentioned above trying out the trial version of Nero 7 to see if it could decode the audio and therefore solve my problem. But, I'm a little wary of Nero 7 because I've heard some not so pretty words about it. How about this idea?

In both my previous attempts, I've used the Nero program itself to import from my DVD.

Sould I try dragging and dropping the data from the DVD onto my hard drive and then converting it to a format Nero will recognize and handle? If this might work, can you tell me what program can convert and what format to convert to?

Or - could I use a program like DVD Shrink to pull the video & audio off my burned disk onto my hard drive and then change the format over to something Nero will recognize? I think this sounds a lot like option #1, but there are a few differences.

19. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

There's no reason to be afraid of Nero 7. You can always remove it and reinstall your OEM version of Nero 6 if that's your desire.

I don't think it'll make any difference whether you import files from the DVD or from the hard disk. DVD files are already in MPEG2. Converting to some other format may result in a loss of video quality. I think the problem is that Nerovision re-encodes everything which is why that plugin may be necessary and why it's slow compared to other programs like TMPG.

The OEM version of Nero is crippled. It's given away for free or for very little cost. It does basic burning and other basic tasks. If you want more than that, you have to pay for the full working versions.

The Nero trial versions are fully functional so you'll see exactly what you'll be paying for.

TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 is also fully functional in trial and imo is much easier to use for editing than Nerovision Express.

20. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Where in Nero 7 Ultra can we convert MPG2 or DVD IFO/VOB to AVI format? I know it converts DVD to MPG4.