1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision freezing part way through video conversion...

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Gman01, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Gman01

Gman01 Member

Hi guys,
    I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I am trying to convert an AVI file to a DVD using Nero Ver. 7.5.9, Nero Vision 4.0.

I successfully completed converting two movies to DVD so far but I'm having trouble with one in particular, and it freezes at the same spot each time. When I watch the movie from the PC in it's AVI format, I notice a little "skip" (for lack of a better word) at that point, but it continues to play just fine.

Is there any way to get Nero to ignore this imperfection in the file and keep going? If not, is there another program you recommend that might work? I tried WINAVI, but it kept givig me an error as soon as I tried to start the file conversion, and had to shut down.

Thanks a lot!

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

hi can you download avicodec and run your file through it.Copy and paste the file properties into your next post.Uou may need a more dedicated encoder to get you over this bump

3. Zapattack

Zapattack Member

Or you could try a Splitter/Joiner editor to remove the 'skip'. WinMPG AVI to AVI convertor cleared up a glitch for me.

4. Gman01

Gman01 Member

Thanks for the ideas. I'll try them out.

5. zeiram

zeiram Guest

no probs

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@zeiram , I like your new sig, he's a clever lad the old (young) phantom!!

7. zeiram

zeiram Guest

@ gwendolin, your not wrong