1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero vision help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by downsince, Mar 26, 2007.

1. downsince

downsince Member

I have come to the conclusion that Nero vision is not as good as people say? 6 out of 10 AVI burns have come out with synchronize problems “sound not synchronized with picture”! Does anybody actually know why this problem occurs? For the record I have burnt these AVI files at 6x as Nero dos not give me an x4 option, the media I have been using have been Verbatim x16 DVD-recordable I have tried burning at x8 but same problem. Is there anything better out there for burning AVI files then Nero so I can limit this frustrating problem any advice is well appreciated

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi downsince
    I can't really give you a definitive answer on why Nero fails in the audio sync department. I've done quite a few conversions w/ Nero and from I remember only 1 sync problem.
    Sometimes it seems if they are tv shows w/ the ads cut out Nero doesn't transition the audio well.
    If the avi plays back fine on the pc then looks like a Nero problem.
    Test it in Showtime - sync problem there then chances are Vision will have the same problem.

But anyhow what version of Nero are you using? Some seem better w/ Vision than others.

Here's a free one to use - lil bro of ConvertX - DivXtoDVD.
    You can burn the files from DivXtoDVD w/ burning rom or express.
    The paid and updated version is ConvertXtoDVD - the trial leaves a watermark though.

3. downsince

downsince Member

Thanks for the advice and links

4. downsince

downsince Member

Sorry binkie7 forgot to mention AVI file works ok with Nero Showtime and other software so. If I convert the AVI file to a DVD file will I lose some quality as I have AVI Converter which I could use or would Divxplayer be better as my main DVD playe is Divx playback?

5. binkie7

Not a problem downsince
    I don't think there is really any quality loss when converting an AVI just from what I played.

If you have a DivX player though I'd cut out the conversion and burn the AVI to a cd (or dvd depending on the size)- so much faster!!

6. downsince

downsince Member

Many thanks for the advice really appreciate your help.

7. binkie7

You're welcome downsize
    If you need any more help we're just a post away :)

Happy Burning!

8. killalot

killalot Active member

I tried Nero 7 - 6 months ago ran into all sorts of problems just burning an audio cd was an issue in the end went back to Nero 6 thought its been a wile so lets see if the problems have been ironed out so uninstalled Nero 6 with Nero clean tool put Nero 7 back wish I hadn’t bothered burned a divx video as a data cd played it in my DVD player all the audio out of sync the file on my pc plays fine so I know the source file is ok so uninstalled Nero 7 put Nero 6 back on burned the same video with the same set up just a different version of Nero video plays fine isn’t life a blast well Nero 7 aint well not for me anyway