1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero vision?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by johncolxt, Jan 13, 2005.

1. johncolxt

johncolxt Member

Hi
    I have been using Nero vision successfully for many months .My PC developed a terminal fault and I now have a new one (2500 AMD WXP HOME)
    This has a combo drive (master) and a Pioneer DVD writer(slave)
    Nerovision express2 OEM has been installed and this works ok with combo drive but not with Pioneer
    I need the Pioneer very much most used.and probably need to make this master.
    I want the DVD to be accessible when I click on smartstart but it does not show as before the crash.

Pioneer had Pinnacle dc/dvd Instant installed for it but it is not what I need .
    ? how do I make nero available to pioneer in visionexpress
    I have downloaded the latest reload version from the free nero site (part 1+2+3)
    but no luck
    Can anyone point me back to a working vision for Pioneer

THANKS

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Looking back over the problem, are you saying the Pioneer drive won't play with Nero? Is Nero recognizing the drive in the Infotool in the toolkit?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2005
  3. johncolxt

johncolxt Member

Thanks for rapid reply ,will try your suggestions

(The Pioneer is working well but not with Nero )

4. brobear

brobear Guest

I edited the previous post. Is it a matter of recognition or the drive just won't function? If the latter, I'd say save the serial number and delete the current Nero and load the trial and see what happens. If you load over the OEM, the serial will deactivate the components other than those of the OEM app.

5. johncolxt

johncolxt Member

update
    all drives showing in nero toolkit dma on
    n/burn/rom 6.6.0.5
    smart/start 2.0.0.9
    n/ver/express 2.0.1.4
    n show time 1.0.1.22
    cover design 2.3.0.23
    n ba/up 1.2.0.37
    incd 4.0.11.0
    power dvd

6. johncolxt

johncolxt Member

missed your update

away now for 3hrs and thanks to date

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Shouldn't be anything to do with the current problem, but I noticed you have InCD loaded. That is a packet writing application that causes problems with DVD recording. Most of us delete that part of Nero. It can be removed separately through add remove programs in the control panel.

http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html?dir=dload&location=sware_dl_3264&langx=en&a=
    The link is for SiSoftware's analysis program Sandra. It's free. That can sometimes be helpful in checking out a system. It's a handy program to have even if it doesn't help that much here. Take time to read the info at the site. I liked it so well, I got the retail version.

8. hursty

hursty Active member

hi,what exactly is "sandra used for"
    with regards hursty

9. johncolxt

johncolxt Member

Success
    Thanks for all the info and suggestions
    Incd removed
    Plugin re-installed and all appears to be back to normal

SAndra checks your system and offers suggestions for improvement etc

10. brobear

brobear Guest

johncolxt
    Glad to hear you got it going.

hursty
    During the analysis, Sandra not only checks the system, it can do benchmark tests and list the system components down to the model number and then generate a report. As an example, I wasn't sure of my memory chips. It gave me the brand and model number. You can spend some time just playing with it if you like knowing what's in your PC. Plus, it has individual modules so you don't have to do the entire test sequence. If you did the whole program, you could get swamped in info. Try the link and check out the description and the Lite is a free download.

11. hursty

hursty Active member

i cannot use it,it must be run on windows nt.
    my pc is from the stoneage.
    regards hursty

12. brobear

brobear Guest

...2000/XP/2003/Linux/... Yep, that system of yours would have to be from the last millenium, seems the current Sandra starts at 2000 and goes up. The company might have some older material in the archives if you wanted to ask their tech dept.