1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Wave Editor 3 Plugin Help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by saw792, Mar 3, 2007.

1. saw792

saw792 Member

I just tried to install a directx audio plugin by placing it in the C:\Program Files\Nero\{Nero 7}\Nero Wave Editor\ folder and restarting Nero. A screen appears with a flash showing the words installing and the company name that makes the plugin and then disappears, presumably installing the plugin. However, it does not display in any of the menus, even the Effects>Directx Plugins. Is this the proper way to install plugins and y isnt it working? I have tried both Nero Wave Editor 3 with Nero 6 and Nero 7, and neither have helped, nor has changing and changing back the plugin directory which is only visible in the options screen with Nero 6. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't really know, but if you name the plug-in and where you got it, we might be able to do some research.

Otherwise, do you have a \Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins folder? You might try that.

3. saw792

saw792 Member

nuh common files etc. folder didnt work, still not showing up. the plugin was a compressor (compressor.dll), and i cant remember where it was from. the properties folder mentions the full name as Compressor Dynamic Link Library? does that help anyone else?

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Some installations of that type are done by right clicking on an .inf file and selecting install.

5. saw792

saw792 Member

Nuh it didnt come with an inf file i don't think. Thanks for the help, but I found another VST compressor Plugin which is working perfectly. Thanks anyway.